Corsair Community

Question: How many of u use hotswap?

johnmark

Do you use your Hotswap bays to regularly swap drives?

Although it is a nice to have I can't see myself EVER using the hotswap drive caddies. They where ok in the old day's when drives didn't hold much data and you could swap drives in and out to utilize extra storage.

But nowadays I'd guess that most users of a case like this are not hot swapping drives on a regular basis (I could be wrong). Rather we need drives that are easy to access. Besides SATA and the right Mobo the drives are already hot swappable.

With this case I'd rather have 8-10 3.5" drive bays that I could easily remove from the front of the case. Of course that would also require proper air flow.

John

I'm not using them as hotswap bays, but as my normal hdd bays. I've got my water pump fixed in the bottom of the case in the hdd bays there so my drive need to be up there.

It's nice to have two of them free if I ever need to pop a drive in, but it will be a rare occurance tho I think.

I'm using mine for off-site backup. I used to use a removable drive bay, but I refuse to clutter up the front of the 800D with it. (Is it a design flaw if the case looks too good mount all your bay devices? Perhaps the next case should support stealth bays doors so you can access them without compromising the case's appearance.)

I rotate the drives to my safety deposit box so I can recover my important data in the event of a house fire.

I'm using mine for off-site backup. I used to use a removable drive bay, but I refuse to clutter up the front of the 800D with it. (Is it a design flaw if the case looks too good mount all your bay devices? Perhaps the next case should support stealth bays doors so you can access them without compromising the case's appearance.)

I rotate the drives to my safety deposit box so I can recover my important data in the event of a house fire.

An excellent idea in protection!

Not saying anything is a design flaw. Just chatting about how we utilize this case. There are several ways this case could accommodate 3.5" bays with good air movement without comprising the looks. e.g Cover plates could have high quality matching cloth grill's with a fan behind them.

John Happy Holiday's Everyone :)

Archived