Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 question

leetdood

Hi,

I recently bought a new motherboard, cpu, ram, and video card. Upon installing these things and booting the computer, I discovered there was an issue with the memory because the mem diag LED was on. I tried both modules in dual channel mode, then either module in the first slot alone. All of this didn't work. I checked the compat list for the motherboard, and this set of ram seems like it should work OK. What should I do next?

I checked online, and apparently it will only boot with the ram in slots A1 and B1 due to Lynnfield tech. Asus had the A1/B1 slots on the right-hand side (god knows why) so I didn't realize I had the ram in wrong slots. Thanks for the help. Booted fine now.

I checked online, and apparently it will only boot with the ram in slots A1 and B1 due to Lynnfield tech. Asus had the A1/B1 slots on the right-hand side (god knows why) so I didn't realize I had the ram in wrong slots. Thanks for the help. Booted fine now.

Great news. I love solutions that don't involve any shipping of parts, LONG phone calls, etc. Enjoy the new build! ::pirate::

Archived