Corsair Community

Asus P6T V2 Deluxe and 12GB (Two TR3X6G1600C7D)

PaulCheck

Hi: I'm having stability issues (BSOD and memtest fails on Test #5 only, although not always...perhaps when the system gets warm?) with TR3X6G1600C7D on my P6T V2 Deluxe. I've seen other posts regarding the P6T V2 and 12GB, so have realized that I should have ordered the HX3X12G1600C9 (which I have done now, express delivery..hopefully will have it by tomorrow to test).

What is interesting is that even when I run with a smaller number of sticks and/or move the timings to 9-9-9-24 I'm still seeing issues, whether at 1333 or 1600 (XMP). Both 6GB packages have the same number on them, so I thought mabe this meant that the packages are compatible.

Are there any recommended settings with even 1 stick with the mobo so I can determine if it is the memory or something else? Currently I have only 3 sticks in slots A1, B1 and C1. Should those run ok at any settings?

If the new HX3X12G1600C9 also gives me a memtest problem then would it likely be a problem with the mobo or chip?

Thanks, Paul

One more comment (sorry so many self-replies :) ) .... I just saw the sticky regarding re-seating the CPU and heatsink. I always find it difficult getting the 4 pins from the heatsink to "click" (worried when I push so hard I will damage the mobo!). When I installed this chip one of the pins might not have "clicked" all the way, so I will check that later.

Yes, but the problem is that I didn't realize the kits are sensitive, so now I'm not exactly sure which sticks are "together". Is there a way to tell? I see an 8 or 9 digit number (they aren't in front of me, can't remember) that is also listed on the box, but both boxes have the same numbers.

One thing I probably should have also mentioned is that when I am getting memtest errors or BSOD, when I reboot often I am not seeing all the memory in the BIOS. If I tweak from XMP to Auto or vice versa the memory comes back. Would that be typical if the problem is just compatibility, or does that indicate a higher likelihood that the problem is the CPU seating?

Archived