Corsair Community

CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 and ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO Settings

drumsncubs17

Hello,

I have a question about the optimal settings for CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 on an ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO mobo (785g chipset). The memory runs at 1333mhz and 9-9-9-24 timing automatically, which is to be expected, but I was wondering how to get it to run at 1600. You would just have to change the speed to 800mhz in the BIOS and that would translate to 1600mhz dual channel, correct? Also, I have read quite a bit about XMP settings. What exactly is this referring to, and is it Intel exclusive? Sorry for the slightly mismashed post. I have researched extensively in order to try to not come across as a noob, but I am pretty new to this.

Thanks all!

• 3 months later...
Hello,

I have a question about the optimal settings for CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 on an ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO mobo (785g chipset). The memory runs at 1333mhz and 9-9-9-24 timing automatically, which is to be expected, but I was wondering how to get it to run at 1600. You would just have to change the speed to 800mhz in the BIOS and that would translate to 1600mhz dual channel, correct? Also, I have read quite a bit about XMP settings. What exactly is this referring to, and is it Intel exclusive? Sorry for the slightly mismashed post. I have researched extensively in order to try to not come across as a noob, but I am pretty new to this.

Thanks all!

Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but I was wondering if you had any problems with the memory freezing up the rig? I have the same memory and mobo combo and I'm getting really weird lockups that change frequency depending on how I setup the memory. What memory settings are you using in the BIOS??

Archived