Corsair Community

H50 Corsair supplied radiator cooling fan

HowardB

Hi,

I notice in the FAQ on the H50 this question and answer:

Q: What fan do you use?

A: The fan used is sourced by Corsair and runs at about 1700RPM at 12V. It can be controlled via a motherboard’s 3-pin CPU_FAN header and throttled based on CPU temp in most modern motherboard BIOS settings. It’s a fairly quiet fan and can easily be replaced if you wish to upgrade performance or reduce noise levels. Replacing the fan will not affect the warranty.

My queries relate to the following

1. The fan provided with my kit has a 4-pin header and it is recommended to be attached to the 4-pin CPU_FAN header.

2. Havent seen any information as to whether the fan provided follows Intel PWM specifications so dont know if I can set that mode in my BIOS?

My question is the information in the H50 Q&A sticky accurate?

Your using the correct power pinout, does your bios allow you to disable smart fan & just set that to 1700 rpm? The really importaint one is the pump that one must be on a full speed pinout that never throttles down.

Are you running a software that allows you to see your CPU temps? Im using Asus Probe but you would have to use a different program due to the M/B your using.

heliman, he's talking about the FAN, not the PUMP.

I know that thats why I said go into bios & set the fan speed for CPU.....

Until he looks in the bios & sets it he wont know what he can do. I cant hoild his hand he has to d it himself. All I can do is point in the right dir.

Fan speed will be under POWER in bios UNDER hardware config........If that clarifys.........................:roll:

Exactly what M/B are you using? Unless its a dinosauer it should have a 4 pin CPU cooler pinout located most likely above or near the CPU socket. You didnt state that you had a 3 pin or a 4 pin so how do you expect an answer if you have no problem to answer? All you asked is if the info is accurate.............Whats your point?

The setup is simple use the fan 4 pin socket on the 4 pin CPU socket & use the pump on any regular 3 pin fan aux. pinout.

So easy a caveman can do it so says Geico............................

lol that is my point its got nothing to do with a problem I am having, the point is if you have info in an FAQ then it should be accurate. The FAQ states the fan provided uses a 3-pin it doesnt. I just didn't expect the audience to have such appalling readin skills that they did not read the original post properly before answering but nvm I can see people getting emo over a simple question so just 4get it

lol that is my point its got nothing to do with a problem I am having, the point is if you have info in an FAQ then it should be accurate. The FAQ states the fan provided uses a 3-pin it doesnt. I just didn't expect the audience to have such appalling readin skills that they did not read the original post properly before answering but nvm I can see people getting emo over a simple question so just 4get it

:roll:

the FAQ says:

"It can be controlled via a motherboard’s 3-pin CPU_FAN header and throttled based on CPU temp in most modern motherboard BIOS settings."

doesn't say "it uses" but does say "it can use"... u get the difference?

maybe next time u want to criticise people (who are posting because they are trying to help you i guess) for not reading properly, u make sure u have all your own "i"s dotted ;):

so i guess to answer your question, yes the information in the FAQ is accurate.

I have a question for you...

do you know of a 4 pin PWM fan that does not follow Intel PWM specifications? so that i dont buy it tell me which one please.

Archived