Corsair Community

memory help

efervescent

Hi everybody!

Since i am new here i will expose my problem to this forum.I have the same motherboard an ASUS P5Q-E and i experience problems a few months ago.By that time my system was running my memory kit in single chanel at default freqventies( i have a TWIN2X4096-8500C5D KIT) and i try after a month to speed my memories at 1066 in dual chanel.Since then i have experience a lot of problems with my new system especially BSOD randomly.First i thought there is a problem with some settings in my bios,but even if i let everything by default BSOD repeat again.So i try to find the right settings for my pc but after a while, i realize that not the settings was my problem and i try some test with my memorys.With memtest86 vers3.5 i was unable to run the test because when test starting after a few seconds my system restarts automatically,so a try vers 3.4 and show me a lot of errors especially at test nr.4.What i didn't understand at that time was why the sistem run good only when i use one modul of memory,with both i had BSOD randomly.So i test again each modul with memtest and after a while i found one modul defective.I RMA the memorys and now i am using a new kit(the second) and guess what i STILL HAVE BSOD randomly but not so often like first kit.with this new kit i'v notice that that the error message show was mostly ""memory management"" .I was surprised to see there are a lot of users that experienced the same problems like mine and now i run my memorys at 800mhz.I also set the voltage manually at 2.0V and set them at 5-5-5-5-18 and NB voltage to 1.26V to see if system crash again.I didn't overclok my proc and i let most of the settings by default .Now i will wait to see if system crash again or will be stable at these setting.Last time before make these settings my memorys were set to 1066 at 2.1V with 5-5-5-5-15 and the same NB voltage and BSDOD apears after 2 or 3 days.I will annonce you in a week if the system will be stable at these settings

Use Memtest86+ v4.00, not the old versions.

Test one stick at a time in the same slot using that Memtest with the memory set to 1066 MHz, 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v. Also make sure USB LEGACY SUPPORT is disabled in the BIOS when running memtest as it can cause false positives.

Archived