Corsair Community

problems running 1066

steezstatus

Well i just bought myself 2GB of Corsair dominator PC2-8500 C5 ram and i cant get it to run at 1066 mhz. In the bios i set it to that but my computer crashes only allowing the ram to run at 800mhz. I cant change the voltage on it because my mobo wont let me, its just highlighted as auto and wont let me do it. And one more quick thing, on my CPUZ it says the ram is running at 400 mhz but thats multiplied by 2 to get 800 mhz correct?

What is the exact part number of the memory pack? How To Read the Memory Label

Are you mixing it with any other memory? What timings / voltage are you running it at?

Yes, 400 MHz = the ACTUAL speed, 800 MHz = the EFFECTIVE speed.

where is the part number located? i see the document number dont know if thats it, but i ran the just the corsair ram by itself and then added a different 1GB module to get 3GB total, i know its not recommended but its stable right now, im just having a problem setting the frequency to 1066, like i can do it but my system crashes after like 20 seconds. its running at 1.8v it wont allow me to mess with the voltages for some reason my mobo is MSi KA780G

I have 8 GB of the same memory. 2 packs same part number. Can not get it to run more than 800MHz on my Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P. What am I doing wrong? It can't be a memory made for overclocking won't run at the rated speed???

David

It's not the memory. No AMD CPU is going to run 1066 using 4 modules. This is a limitation of the memory controller on the CPU.

Archived