Corsair Community

SATA Backplate

tanker27

I purchased my 800 on 1 December. The whole thing is flawless except the fourth SATA backplate has a broken data connector on it. I would hate to RMA the whole thing and I am just wondering if I could get a replacement backplate?

I have filled out the online tech support form twice now and havent heard anything back. (the form said I should receive some sort of correspondence in 48 hours, so far nothing)

RAMGuy can you help!?

I would if I could. See the system doesnt send you a confirmation email stating the case has been submitted and here is your case number. The only time you have a chance to grab the case number is when you first open the ticket. And oh BTW, yes its in small letters and blends in with all the other fonts.

I thought the first time was a fluke and the second was confirmation. Still I waited for 10 days before posting here on the forums.

• Corsair Employees
Please send an email to Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and put "800D" in the subject line. Give us a brief description of what needs to be replaced, and include your shipping and contact information. Once I get your message I will forward it to our Customer Service and ask that they contact you to let you know they have received your request. I am not exactly sure what the ETA is on replacement parts, but if you would like to get an accurate estimate, I would suggest contacting our Customer Service directly at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for posting this message. I've just contacted customer service with the same problem. My new build using this excellent case has the top slot backplate not recognizing my hard drive in BIOS. If I take the hd out and run cables directly from the motherboard it's detected just fine.

I'm sure hoping they can send a new plate without having to RMA the entire case?

Okay, I've been contacted by customer support. As before they've sent a diagram of the 800D case, but these SATA parts do not show on the diagram as far as I can tell. The closest match are parts 21 and 22, which don't show in the item/description table and are most likely the circuitry for behind the power button, USB and led activity lights.

Does anyone have the exact SATA backplate part number so I can give that to customer support.

Thanks much.

Its going to take a while, I bought the 800D back in Sept and when I got it the bottom filter was broken. I have had a RMA since the last week of september and about 3 weeks ago they sent me an email with the parts list. Still waiting, I love the case but customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I hope you get the parts sooner rather then later.

OK. Just an fyi that I was contacted by customer service and asked if I could supply a photo of the part, which I did. I heard back right away that a replacement would be sent, but there's been no follow up with an eta for part delivery or any specific tracking number.

While I'm very pleased they're sending a replacement my entire build is in limbo until I receive it.

I had the exact same issue and customer support has been non-responsive this week, kind of dissapointed =/, I'd like to get replacement part, the plexiglass came with a tiny knick too but I buffed that out with Meguier's Scratch-X after becoming frustrated with lack of response from customer service, can you help me too ramguy?

Thanks!

Archived