Corsair Community

cant get 8 gig stable ASUS P7P55D

stevevnicks

hello,

well this is prob's my last hope,

i have been on the asus support forum with no joy , i have done so much testing now it gone beyond a joke :/ ok this is how it is .

i have in front of me right now 2 x 4gig (2x2gigs) packs of xms3 1333Mhz .. both paks are the same even down to every number on the pak's

so i have 4 sticks of 2gig ram here are the numbers on the sticks :

top barcode numbers (both paks) are 09390908

Bottom bar code numbers (both paks) are 8 43591 00514 2

kit numbers (both packs) TW3X4G1333C9A G

NUMBERS ON THE STICKS OF RAM MATCH BOXES.

ALL FOR STICKS ARE REV.3.2

This ram if i try all four sticks just locks system up at random times or if i run everest photoworks benchmark repeatedly ( keep clicking the icon to run test again) it will lock up at desktop, just freeze cant move mouse total lock-up or sometimes computer just resets its self ..

if i just try 1 kit by its self windows 7 wont load same if i try the other kit windows wont load,, but both kits installed windows 7 will load but system is unstable with random lock ups

before that i had the corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 again 2 packs of 4gig (2x2gig in each packet) Although 1 pak contained rev3.1 sticks the other contained rev3.2 sticks

ok the rev3.1 sticks would not run 1600mhz no matter wot voltage i tested them with or changed in the bios settings.. they wouldnt even run 1333mhz stable for long

on the other hand the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Rev3.2 stick are grate they work xmp out of the box settings ...in other words plugged ram in all bios setting at default just selected xmp mode and bingo they fine 110% good and stable..

is there much problems with corsair ram ?? im new to it as i have use ******** ram for probs 10 years or so with out beleave it or not any problems

why cant i run 8gig of ram ?

surly out of 4 packs of ram i have in front of me 3 packs cant be faulty ???

out of 16gig of ram only four gigs work something is surly wrong??

pls help spent best part of £400 on ram and only 4gig works NOT happy lol

of caurse the ram is going back to shop but the amount of runnung around i have done is stupid

this prob my worse expriance with ram ..

to find out that if i buy CORSAIR Ram Kits and need to upgrade the amount for ram my system has then i have to scrap the old kit and buy a new kit!! that is just not consumer friendlly!!

an upgrade to 8gig if you already had 4gig of corsair xms3 ram would cost you your old kit( because Corsair will tell you YOU CAN NOT MIX 2 KITS YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW KIT THEY HAVE TESTED) plus the price of the 8gig kit..

that is just WRONG to do that to people the should clearly state on the box that this kit will NOT work with another CORSAIR kit ... knowing this i would never of bought CORSAIR ram

ONE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!

Corsair can only guarantee what they've tested. There's nothing stating that 2 random kits WILL work together.

Also, this issue has been around since the days of DDR1 and before and is independent of the memory manufacturer since it has to do with the limitations of the memory controller.

well im going back to C R U C A I L ram i never had any problems like this in ten years of using there ram ..problem resolved im getting refund on all ram and gett ram from different company ... CORSAIR SHOLD SATE ON THAE RAMS BOX THERE RAMS DOSE NOT MIX WITH THERE OWN KITS but of cause they wont because they KNOW people wont buy it

As per the rules, do not go around the forum filter.

This issue is with the memory controller in your motherboard / CPU not liking different ICs.

Either way, how can you possibly expect a company to guarantee or warn against something they haven't tested?

They may work with other ICs just fine... IF THE MEMORY CONTROLLER ALLOWS IT.

As per the rules, do not go around the forum filter.

This issue is with the memory controller in your motherboard / CPU not liking different ICs.

Either way, how can you possibly expect a company to guarantee or warn against something they haven't tested?

They may work with other ICs just fine... IF THE MEMORY CONTROLLER ALLOWS IT.

look son dont get bitter at me for telling the truth ??? just saying they should tell people that 2 paks wont work on the packet simple !!!

im a comsumers i have rights and im not sure if whats happening here is even legal .. consumer rights !! i think i'll look into it futher thanks

It's not something that they can guarantee one way or another.

They haven't tested the pairs together, ergo they can't guarantee it.

Even if they get 2 random ICs to work together (which is entirely possible), there's no guarantee YOUR memory controller / specific ICs can do it. Silicon's finicky (not to mention the design of the memory controller in your motherboard / CPU).

Ultimately they only guarantee what's in the package because they've tested it. I will only say this one more time:

This issue has been going one for a DECADE across EVERY memory manufacturer / IC maker / memory controller.

It's not something that they can guarantee one way or another.

They haven't tested the pairs together, ergo they can't guarantee it.

Even if they get 2 random ICs to work together (which is entirely possible), there's no guarantee YOUR memory controller / specific ICs can do it. Silicon's finicky (not to mention the design of the memory controller in your motherboard / CPU).

Ultimately they only guarantee what's in the package because they've tested it. I will only say this one more time:

This issue has been going one for a DECADE across EVERY memory manufacturer / IC maker / memory controller.

thats not my problem its for corsair to sort that out by the way thaey conduct there bussiness

i have been building pc's for years since the DX486 days ...for work for charity and fun ..i have never once in all those years bought ram from a company

then decide to buy more of the same brand of ram for it not to work togeather .. its corsairs problem not mine (well it is now cos i have 16gig of 4gig that only works even 2 paks are the same rev3.2 and they dont work as singal kits or 2 kits together . quaiity huh ?

hello again,

i think i may of been a bit harsh on CORSAIR and there ram, although please take the time to read why.

after backwards and forwards to my supplier about 4 times now only to keep getting the same result, it can get a bit frustrating to say the least and i probs vent some on CORSAIR, i firstly would like to apologise to CORSAIR for my attitude and for the hard work they most likely put in trying to keep everyone happy :) i know and understand the limitaions of the memory controller

however, there are just a few unanswered questions i have :

1. i know and understand the limitaions of the memory controller , for example i had an PHENOM II 940BE CPU which was put on the asus M3A32-MVP DELUXE Wi Fi edtion motherboard , i bought 4gig 2x2gig sticks of ram (i am band from saying the brand name of the ram on this site) i bought 400mhz (DDR2 800) ram rather than DDR2 1066 for 2 ressons, 1st being the PHENOM II cpu's IMC is limited to DDR2 800 if i filled all for dimms slots, which i intened to at a later date when my pocket could afford another 4gig. 2nd reason was, why pay more for DDR2 1066 ram? because when i upgrade to 8gig it will be limited to DDR2 800 anyway.. When that later date came (was probs was about 4 months later) i simply went back to my supplier bought anopther pack of the same ram plugged it in and its working fine even today with out any memory hitch what so ever and that was about 9 months ago (wish i kept that system know and not sold it to upgrade to the intel i7 860) , so why cant i do the same with your XMS3 ram??????

2. you claim to test these ram kits to WORK so when we get home just plug in make sure setting are correct and bingo , so why do i have 4 packs of ram of which only 1 pack works ?? i thought you said these chips work they have been tested??? so they sealed in packet no one has touched them why dont they work???????

3. are the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 SIMPLY 666Mhz chips that you have tested to be stable overclocking them to 800mhz with a voltage setting of 1.65volts?

thanks in advance

WELL IT I FINALY DONE IT!!!! :D

ok this is very strange (well not really to me)

i had loads of problem getting just 4gig to run stable at its rated settings to start with,

ok i'll keep it as short as i can.

1 pak of CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Rev 3.1 would only run at 1333mhz 1.65volts

the 2nd pak of CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Rev 3.2 i bought a week later will run 1333mhz 1.5volt stable 100% or xmp 1600mhz 1.65volts

try to run both pak togetherat 1333mhz not stable random lock ups ,

went and bought 2 paks of TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 both packs ,

ok both paks of TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 together total 8gig system loads but random lock up even if i lowerd ram speed. tried both paks sepratly and windows 7 fails to load

cut a long story short i found 1 stick in each pak of TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 would run stable wand windows 7 was fine, i decided to add the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Rev 3.2 and run them at 1333mhz 1.5volts the same as the TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 and bingo full 8gig system 110% stable, heres somthing even more cool. in bios i can still select xmp mode due to the fact that the CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 Rev 3.2 are xmp kit the system runs at xmp 1600mhz 8gig even though 1 4gig is the TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 :D

happy days .. but it would seem CORSAIR that you may have alot of faulty Chips on ya hands ..out of the 4 packs of ram i had in total only 1 kit worked although the 1333mhz kits had 1 good stick in each pak that i coud run together ... something is not right CORSAIR maybe you should do some big scale retesting of these kits , just an idear, and if anything it dose prove you sell good kit as the TW3X4G1333C9A G Rev 3.2 kit is able to run stable at 1600mhz even xmp if its the mother board has a couple of xmp ram installed with them.. if only CORSAIR could match your ram with each other better , BTW the corsair H50 i bought the other day is top kit to :D i hit 4ghz using that heres a link to my 3dmark 2006 bench at 4ghz using corsair h50 cooling and 4gig corsair xms3 1600mhz xmp mode

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=12678807

also some handy info off intel

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-029913.htm

Motherboard Properties:

Motherboard ID 65-1102-000001-00101111-112309-P55$A1326001_BIOS DATE: 11/23/09 14:01:05 VER: 08.00.15

Motherboard Name Asus P7P55D (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Chipset Properties:

Motherboard Chipset Intel Ibex Peak P55, Intel Lynnfield

Memory Timings 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Command Rate (CR) [ TRIAL VERSION ]

DIMM1: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

DIMM2: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1333C9 [ TRIAL VERSION ]

DIMM3: Corsair XMS CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 [ TRIAL VERSION ]

DIMM4: Corsair XMS3 CM3X2G1333C9 [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Info from everest 5.30

Archived