Corsair Community

Ga-p55a-ud3r

AdamN

What do you mean specifically?

It is only compatible with CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 when using one out of the four sticks.

This memory is fully compatible with your board. You also need to list your complete system specifications as prompted at registration to get any additional assistance.

The RAM is a kit of 4.

I used memtest to test each chip individually and they are fine. However, as soon as you use 2 or 4 in dual channel configuration, memtest fails.

I also tried increasing the voltage and/or decreasing the speed and/or decreasing the timings. None of these things helped. I've been trying to get it working for two solid days.

Updated my system specs as requested.

I went through TSX and tried absolutely everything mentioned in there yesterday. Then it asked me to submit a bunch of information. After I submitted it said I would have a reply within 24 hours, but that's already passed. I really need this PC up and running. Is there any other way to contact Corsair tech support?

I think I haven't been clear. I'm not after an RMA as then I'll just receive more of the same modules that won't work. I'm returning these modules to the distributor for credit. I'd like to use this credit to buy modules that will work and be compatible. However, I can't seem to get anyone anywhere to tell me which Corsair modules will be compatible.

Kingston replied to me in 3 hours with a list of compatible modules, all of which are the same spec and far cheaper.

Yellowbeard has already indicated that the memory you have is compatible. Also, when you initially went to this area of the forum you were automatically directed to a sticky informing you of the Memory Configurator which is also on the front of Corsair's site.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R

Your memory tests indicate the memory's fine. It's either a slot or memory controller issue. More testing is needed to confirm this, but assuming so, it's not the memory.

Archived