Corsair Community

problem with 2 kits of CMG4GX2M2A1066C5

liquid2

Dear Corsair support,

Today i got my new 8GB Kit ([mentioned in title]x2).

And when i tried to boot my pc it just freezed at "Test DRAM"(at the Asus LCD Poster).

As i tried to set the timings and the voltage specified by corsair, same thing happened again after rebooting.

My BIOS is the latest version provided by Asus. (2201)

I specified these Timings:

5-5-5-15-2C

at a RAM-voltage of 2.10V

Do you have any suggestions/ideas to fix that problem?

sincerely

I have tested every combination of Pairs, also tested different slots.

e.g.:

stick1+2, stick 1+3, stick 1+4, stick 2+3, stick 2+4, stick 3+4 (also different banks/slots)

(now after setting all the bios stuff manually):

No errors during memtest, just freezes randomly and i have to push the reset button every time i shut down or restarted the pc via software.

(One weird thing is that the memory runs fine if i only use 3 sticks/6gb-total, doesn't matter which sticks/banks i use together)

//e:

please apologize my bad english, since it's not my first language.

I think I am having the same issue, I have the same exact ram, and an asus board.

(ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard). I have not tried running 3 sticks, but each pair work fine with the above timing and voltage, also I believe in different slots. I have run memtest in different configurations, no errors. With all 4 sticks in, the system is unstable and it crashes, or I get the blue screen of death. Any answers for us?

sorry to say im pretty new to comp settings. how do you reduce the speed? would that be the voltage? 2.10v . or the timing 5-5-5-15-2C settings? or is it a fsb/multiplier/oc setting?

And if its one of these what should I change them too? I am pretty sure I know how to change them in the bios.

Thanks for any help wired

-ben

I think he was talking about the FSB-Clock.

Gonna reply tomorrow, since i don't have enough free time today.

//e:

Okay, so i tried to lower the fsb clock from 1066 to 800.

I keep getting the same result (freezes, system hangs etc.).

But only when i'm using 4x2 sticks, when i'm using 3 or less sticks, it works

fine.

Archived