Corsair Community

random reboots with 2 kits of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Deneteus

I have experienced issues with random reboots with TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF rev1.1 2.1v with 4 or 8GB purchased at Microcenter. It has been tested on 4 Biostar TA790GX A2+ boards before this all running stock settings. AMD Phenom II 940 BE and AMD Phenom 9850BE processors.

I was able to identify stability issues issues with Creative Labs PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality Game audio cards. It was tossed in favor of on board sound actually.

I currently have an ASUS M4A79 Deluxe running firmware 2502. I have been using this board since February.

I have tried all kinds of stuff to determine what the cause of the issue is. Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 have all had the same issue also on clean installs.

I would like to know what process needs to be done in order to confirm an intermittent issue with the ram. Is there any utility I can run to monitor the ram for errors when running during the day or overnight? (I already know about memtest. I am looking for other software to document the issue with. I hate having to RMA something so I would like to be sure before I have to spend more cash mailing it back.)

Archived