Corsair Community

How do you know when the h50 is dried up

Arkuatic

Run software that senses CPU temps & keep an eye on it, id imagine eventually somewhere down the rd. the temps might begin to climb, then if so its a possibility the tim has dried up or maybe water has escaped from the unit or the pump is tired etc...or maybe it will run just fine for 5yrs............who knows?

Another good question is do you leave your PC on 24/7 or just use it a few hrs. a day?

Makes a diff obviously on moving parts like a pump obviously.

If I had to guess what would fail first id say the pump obviously since it has moving parts. Usually sealed components dont fail thats not to say that down the rd. someday a micro leak couldnt happen. Im a Plumber.................you would be quite surprised the leaks ive seen yet many had swore there was no way it would ever happen, it can trust me. Fan vibrations & pump pressure over an extended time is one possiblilty. Anything over 2yrs. dosent matter anyway. If I get 2 yrs. I have no complaints. I can afford a new H50 every 2 yrs. no prob!

I take the "sealed system" to mean : cannot add water or coolant at a later date. Would that be correct? Of course with my soldering & tapping skills thats not to say it wouldnt be easy enough for me to drill/tap & add a fill valve on the Rad. The average Joe tho...........dunno.

Oh for pete's sake, post the full extent of what you're thinking guys!

Yes, there's a difference between closed and sealed, and yes it's theoretically possible for the double walled tubing to be porous enough at a molecular level to slowly allow liquid to evaporate out of the loop.

THERE.

Archived