Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D ver 5.2 better now?

Daleon

Ram Guy - Can you tell me if this ver has the kinks worked out that were pretty prevelant in the 3.1 and 3.2 versions? Reboots, instablity at 1600, etc. I picked up the ram, but haven't gotten a board yet. I really don't want to run into the nightmare so many others had. Just getting it to run at stock speeds is one thing, but I got "Dominator" ram thinking it had some headroom to maybe hit 2000. If it doesn't I'll gladly return it before opening and maybe try to get some of the C7 stuff that might have a better chance. GT's are still a little out of my price range.

Thx

PS - Is there anyone running this ram stable over 1600? If so what board? I'm thinking of trying the Foxconn Bloodrage GTI.

Their 2000 series are hand tested and only use one IC, so the chances of getting a random pair and hitting a 25% memory OC is almost nil. There's never been any "kinks" with that memory line (only one in recent memory is when Elpida foobar'd some of the high end stuff and multiple manufacturers had to stop production of them to figure out WTF was causing a bump in RMAs).

I'm a fan of corsair memory also, but to say this model has had smooth sailing is pretty thin. I've read through every thread here on this ram and besides the many people that have posted here with numerous issues getting this stuff stable at 1600 I've also seen many more all with similar problems on other sites.

You can blame user, board, etc for some of it but not this much. Especially not when so many of them replaced with a different brand and got it to work at 1600 on the first try with none of the issues they had before. Every time someone posts a problem with this ram I see the same suggestions over and over. I guess if it passes memtest thats good enough for some people. Others actually like stable OS's also.

You'll only see people posting when they have issues. Combine that with a popular part number that's been out for a year, and that means you'll see posts about it. Nothing's 100%, but Corsair's behind their products. By all means post back once you've got your new rig up and running.

Archived