Corsair Community

Fans not spinning

SphincterBoy

I'm doing a new build and while I think I hear the pump, the radiator fan is not spinning. When the power button is first pressed, the fan very briefly starts to move, but then stops. It this normal in that it is waiting for the temps to rise?

On a possibly related note, none of my other case fans are turning either - is it because they are also on a 4-pin socket?

I forgot to mention that the machine wasn't even posting. But it is now that I moved the RAM to slots 2 and 4. And the radiator fan is now spinning. However, the case fans are not. They were all plugged into a single 4-pin connector on the mobo and I've now moved them to a molex connector from the PSU, but they still aren't spinning. Thoughts?

If your running directly off the PSU & they still dont spin its bad fans OR a bad PSU connection. Has NADA to do with the M/B. Find yourself 1 working fan & use it as a test vehicle on the PSU power plugs, you may find you have a bad power connector or something is loose if its a modular PSU. Normally you can run multiple fans from one connector.

Archived