Corsair Community

Asus P5Q-E & TWIN2X4096-8500C5D

peters

Using this combination in a new HTPC build. Using a Sapphire 5750 as the video card.

Unstable stock. Crashes, seemingly related to the video when stock.

Lowered the RAM to 800MHz, increased voltage to 2.1. Seems stable at the moment. However, if I try to set it to the 1066MHz claimed by the memory, can't even boot. Horizontal lines in the display and then a shut-down.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Not too certain about the RAM at these setttings either, but am testing now, so we will see.

Only running 4gb. Should be fine, no, at 1066?

Sorry, been out of touch.

I can't even get the system to POST when the modules are set to 1066. I am running the RAM test now at 800 to see what it does. I am letting it run over night, but I am pretty certain the RAM is not working properly.

What is the procedure for replacing it?

Thanks

Next steps?

Set the computer to 1066. Upped voltage to 2.4v. Computer will not even boot now. Black Screen and it just stares at me. Will have to get it out of the rack and see how to reset the BIOS at this point.

Pretty sure it is the RAM when it starts behaving this way. Do you agree???

BTW: Blue Screened last night at 800 with the voltage at 2.2v. Error was in the Memory Manager according to the Blu Screen. Further indication???

Please let me know what I should do from this point as this is a critical work system and we need to make sure it is up and running reliably.

Thanks

Archived