Corsair Community

How do I install my H50 on my Mother Board?

JohntechUSA

• 1 month later...

Thanks I just ordered on my my AMD3.

I just opened my brand new H50 form Zipzoomfly.com and the brackets for even the intel look deferant than in the video.

I hope the one I just bought is not to old it is going in my new pc build with top of the line parts. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Thanks I just ordered on my my AMD3.

I just opened my brand new H50 form Zipzoomfly.com and the brackets for even the intel look deferant than in the video.

I hope the one I just bought is not to old it is going in my new pc build with top of the line parts. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Can you take a picture of the ones in question, and part number on box that may have the simular #for example CWCH50-1

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I just viewed the install video for the H50, but I need some clarification (nice tutorial for Intel, but I'm going AMD). My mainboard has a plate mounted on the back that would seem to interrupt the H50. Also, do I remove the cpu brackets that came mounted on the motherboard? All of the relevant stats are included in my profile.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

The video says implies that no thermal paste is needed with the H50 as it comes on it already but that you can use some if you want to. I am getting ready for my new build and am wondering if I should use additional thermal paste of some kind?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have install one H50 so far for a friend and had some difficulties with the retention frame not lifting far enough to lock the pump/heat sink into place.

I had the bolts as far out as possible and still the device wouldn't lock into the retention ring correctly. The fidgeting and constant on off of the pump/heat sink caused heat sink paste to smear was a serious problem.

So my question is would there be any issues if the retention ring was locked into the pump/heat sink prior to bolting to the frame to the motherboard.

I can't say enough about how great a product this is, good price and great temps. I have been wanting to move to water cooling for sometime but it seemed like such a huge step, the H50 has allowed me to take the first steps into a water cooled system with confidence. Thanks Corsair!!:biggrin:

I have install one H50 so far for a friend and had some difficulties with the retention frame not lifting far enough to lock the pump/heat sink into place.

I had the bolts as far out as possible and still the device wouldn't lock into the retention ring correctly. The fidgeting and constant on off of the pump/heat sink caused heat sink paste to smear was a serious problem.

So my question is would there be any issues if the retention ring was locked into the pump/heat sink prior to bolting to the frame to the motherboard.

I can't say enough about how great a product this is, good price and great temps. I have been wanting to move to water cooling for sometime but it seemed like such a huge step, the H50 has allowed me to take the first steps into a water cooled system with confidence. Thanks Corsair!!:biggrin:

This method is fine and I have done it both ways. As long as it seats properly, the method of mounting is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...
I am thinking about buying this and I want to know if you have pics on installing this to a Asus CrossHair IV Formula with out any issues. I read a post about stock back plate on the Crosshair has shorter screw risers then some of my other MB's and this makes it a little harder to install. Is there any update about any of these problems before I order Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Hi.

I just viewed the install video for the H50, but I need some clarification (nice tutorial for Intel, but I'm going AMD). My mainboard has a plate mounted on the back that would seem to interrupt the H50. Also, do I remove the cpu brackets that came mounted on the motherboard? All of the relevant stats are included in my profile.

Thank you.

I have an Asus MB (M4A79XTD-EVO) and am wondering about that metal plate that is on the bottom of the MB. Remove and discard ?? or if left in place how do you connect the H50 bracket on the bottom side of the MB ??

redwagon

Yes, you will need to remove the bracket from the back of the motherboard and replace it with the one that comes with the H50 also the front bracket that would have held your previous AM2/3 cooler in place - it means completely stripping your rig but it does mean that you'll be able to fit your nice new cooler :biggrin:

• 9 months later...
Our Tech support team has made an installation Video that can be found on our web site from this link:

Hi - just to let you know that links to the video (http://www.corsair.com/cinema/movie.aspx?id=1233870)

which appear in several different places on the Forum now only seem to direct to the Website's Index page.

Could you check if the video is still around?

Thanks

Peter

• 2 months later...
any idea on how to connect fan and pump power cables from an H50 to an Asus IPIBL-LB mobo? Each time I try to power the pump using the 3 pin system power plug and power the fan using the 4 pin cpu fan plug, the "the cpu fan has failed" bios error pops up. Also, this bios is heavily locked so there are relatively no usefull changes that can be made in the bios.

any idea on how to connect fan and pump power cables from an H50 to an Asus IPIBL-LB mobo? Each time I try to power the pump using the 3 pin system power plug and power the fan using the 4 pin cpu fan plug, the "the cpu fan has failed" bios error pops up. Also, this bios is heavily locked so there are relatively no usefull changes that can be made in the bios.

Also, I can boot up fully with the fan unplugged and the (3-pin) pump plugged into the (4-pin) cpu fan spot. Once it booted fully, I am able to switch the (3-pin) pump plug to the (3-pin) system fan plugin and the (4-pin) fan plug to the (4-pin) cpu fan plugin spot with no problems.

Archived