Corsair Community

TR3X6G1866C9DF & EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR bios & BSOD problems

kitzrj01

I am new to posting on this forum so please forgive me if I do not provide necessary information up front. I have spoken to EVGA tech support but feel I am not speaking with someone that udnerstands the ram settings.

I am typically not into overclocking, however I am trying to get the RAM to reach the 1866 speed. I have attached screen shots of the bios settings. Please let me know what adjustments need to be made so I can reach the intended 1866 speed.

bios.thumb.jpg.92ae377676082f20f11de333b32c0228.jpg

I tried enabling XMP (at EVGA's suggestino) however the probelm keeps occurring. I can run regular apps just fine, but the moment I put in a game of some kind the system freezes.

You could do a elimination process....e.g borrow a GPU or RAM from your friend.

What happen if you use 1333Mhz to your RAM is still freeze?

Unfortunatly borrowing from someone is not possible.

I reset the ram based on a presvious responders suggestion and with everything at default the ram is trying to run at 1867.

Interesting note though. I noticed after restting my bios the voltages were not set correctly by default. When the vaule was set to auto the voltage read 1.50, when I changed the voltage manually to 1.65 then set the value back to auto the bios kept the 1.65 value. Is it possible the other voltages are incorrect? If the values are incorrect what should they be?

I tried enabling XMP (at EVGA's suggestino) however the probelm keeps occurring. I can run regular apps just fine, but the moment I put in a game of some kind the system freezes.

This does not necessarily indicate a memory related problem although it could be. Try setting the XMP profile, then manually set 1333 for the memory frequency in the BIOS.

Also, I assume you are running SLI since you have 2 x 285s. Have you tried it with each card individually? Your freezing is in games so this could be GPU, driver, or even power related.

Archived