Corsair Community

Will dual channel work with a combination of CM3X2GSD1066 and VSA2GSDS1066?

TranceAddict

I'm thinking of buying a new Mac Mini with the intention to upgrade it manually for being able to better adapt it to my needs.

Since the new Mac Mini models aren't yet in the Memory Finder (for the older ones it recommends me the VSA2GSDS1066) I surfed a bit the web and found out that the CM3X2GSD1066 also works fine with this machine.

So now I wanted to know if dual channel would work if I combine both memories or if it would be better to buy two CM3X2GSD1066 memories just to be sure?

I found out that VS stands for Value Select and A probably stands for Apple, so I guess it should work since the CM3X2GSD1066 is also a value select series memory and its predecessors are all called VSxxxxxxxx so I belive this one has just been renamed, but I still wanna be sure before I buy it.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

TranceAddict

Thanks for the quick answer but I think I explained wrong what I wanted to know, I just wanted to know if both memories are compatible with each other (sorry if I still explained it a bit awkward, my english isn't that good).

I know that there is more to compatibility besides the name, that's why I asked.

As far as I found out both metioned memories are more or less the same only that one comes with an apple sticker and a new part number because probably too many people spotted the ressemblence between the part numbers.

Since I don't know that exactly and my sources may be wrong I just wanted to know if dual channel will work with those two memories.

If somebody can give me an answer I would be very grateful, else I'll simply try it and post my results :)

Regards,

TranceAddict

by the way... is there a specific reason why the tags have been removed?

Archived