Corsair Community

850TX dumping hot air into case; refund possible, or only replacement?

baggytheo

I recently bought an 850TX as the power supply for my new computer (1 month ago). My CPU and case temperatures have been abnormally high considering the fairly chilly room temperature, the airflow in my case, and my aftermarket heatpipe CPU cooler. Testing through fans and parts individually, I discovered that instead of evacuating warm air from the case and blowing it out through the back grill, my 850TX is drawing air through the back grill and dumping warm air down onto the CPU area in my case. I'm fairly certain that this was not the design principle and that I have a defective unit with its fan installed in the reverse.

The computer is functional for the time being, but this is not something that I want to leave unrectified for a long time. I'd like to have the part replaced, but the problem is that I depend on this computer for work and can't afford to be without a computer for 2-3 weeks while my RMA would be processed and a replacement sent out. I don't have any spare PSU's laying around to stand-in, either. :idea:Is there any chance that an alternative could be negotiated with Corsair customer support that would allow me to receive a replacement with less downtime? :idea:Or is there any chance that I could simply get a refund instead, so I could just purchase another 850TX from a retailer immediately?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but from Tech support there is little we can do, I would suggest you get the RMA then contact our customer service as Wired suggested but get the RMA number first as they will not be able to do anything with that.

Archived