Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX and Asus P5Q3

jjokeris

Good evening.I own a P5Q3 with TW3X4G1333C9DHX.I m trying to o/c and I have some problems caused by ram (as a pair with mobo)...at least think so.My processor is a Q9550.When going higher than FSB 450 ,I pass CPU tests and always fail ram tests.Ram has a label on mentioning 1.5v.I set it at 1.6v (raised NB voltage also)and works fine under FSB 450(@8-8-8-20).So,what else should I do to make it work above FSB450?Is it safe above 1.6v?I ve read someone setting even at 1.8!Is it safe for 24/7?Should I pick a specific timing or divider?Is 333 more compatible than 400?After raising CPU FSB,should I chose a RAM FSB lower than 300...lets say 266?

...everything.I ve tried fsb 200,266,333,400 @ every speed I found (it auto adjusts speeds) from 1104 to ~1500.When I set above ~1350 it wouldn t boot.If I set manual timings,in most cases, even at 1260, it wouldn t boot too.It wants it at Auto.I raised ram volt to 1.68 just for testing,it didn t help too.I do not even know if 1.68 is safe!

Try this:

Clear your BIOS

Reboot and load setup defaults

Enter the BIOS and set the memory timings, frequency, and voltage manually

Leave the CPU at stock speeds

Disable Legacy USB Support

Then, test each module individually for 3-5 passes each using Memtest 4.0, linked on the left side of this page.

From 2.83(def) up to 3.74 (o/ced) I am OK (CPU & RAM).When I raise CPU FSB...thats where the problems begin.I do not know what to adjust to make it stable.NB,Sb,more RAM volts (is it safe @ 1.8?),choose lower RAM speeds manually,or what else?

From what Ive read P5Q3 is not the best mb for oc.Anyway I am trying to get the most out of it.So having these parts and NOT intending to buy new ones I am trying all the settings I can.

So,should I use higher voltages than 1.6 safely or this is the max?Rams sticker states 1.5...

I m trying to get to FSB460.When using intelburntest it passes the tests.When trying prime blend it passes 1024,8 and 10kb and after one hour one core fails at 896 (or something like that.) Always at the same point.Should I reduce fsb,raise nb...or what?

Archived