Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9A not stable

Falk982

I have already read a couple of posts on these RAM modules not running stable in other motherboards as well. From those posts I learned that increasing the RAM voltage helps, and I can confirm that. That helps indeed.

On the standard 1,5V the system freezes and reboots frequently. On DDR Voltage +0,1V (1.7V) it gets a lot lot better, but not perfect.

It's clear for me there is real competability problem with these RAMs.

Has anybody has found perfect bios settings for the this board/ram/cpu combination or other advise how to get this board stable @ 1333 Mhz

I currently run with all setting according to SPD.

BTW with running the RAM on 1066Mhz it's all rock solid.

Ok - got that - that's the 9/9/9/24 - 1,5V mark on the modules.

I've found that using Prime95 (64 bit version) gave always an immideate freeze of the system right at the start of the torture test (when running on 1333 Mhz - 1066 Mhz was just fine again)

Tonight I have had the oppertunity to pinpoint the issues to Corsair modules with the help of a second system.

The system has the exact same motherboard as mine (ga-ma785gmt-ud2h), different CPU ( AMD Athlon II X2 250 | ADX250OCGQBOX ),different RAM (******** Valueram DDR3 2x 2GB 1333Mhz | KVR1333D3N9K2/4G). This system runs fine on both 1066 Mhz and 1333 Mhz. Also Prime95 torture test no issues.

I put my Corsair's in this system and it gives exactly the same issues as on my system. Random crashes bu also always with the start of the Prime95 torture test.

I also put the ********s in my own system and it's rock solid on 1333 Mhz. Also running Prime95 without issues.

Just to be sure I mention that with all memory swaps I each time have carefully looked after the RAM timings to be ok in the bios.

Last but not least I also tested the individual Corsair modules in both systems and this increased the problem. I had much more crashes with each module then running both of them.

I think this test pin points that there is a real problem with the Corsairs.

Any advise ?

RMA the suckas :) Link's on the left.

If I would follow that link - any idea if the RMA will be dealed with locally (I'm in The Netherlans (Europe)) or will they ask me to send the modules to the States or something (meaning I will be without memory = without a PC for weeks). :sigh!:

The case number is #1231980. I was asked a couple of days back to do some additional test, but I think I already pointed out in the case I did those. I now have altered the case and it did flow into the direction of getting an RMA number isssued, but no respons yet. Many thanks for looking into it.

Well we getting there :-) the RAm modules have been confirmed to be received. But the confirmation came with the remark it extremely busy now with RMA's... :[pouts: I hope I'll have the replacements back before we hit the holidays. Would be nice to have my PC back up and running then.

Fingers crossed !

• 2 weeks later...
I needed some patience - certainly with UPS - but received the replacements today. Have them in the machine now and it already looks good now. Machine starts fine on 1333 Mhz and also the Prime95 torture test does not crash the PC anymore. Thanks for the help with this replacement.

Archived