Corsair Community

Minor Ram problem

fyew-jit-tiv

Hey Guys..

I got this minor problem which i know someone here will help me clean up..

I am getting the ODD BSOD which is ram related with the following settings..

Timings @ 7-7-7-20 - Dram Bus @ 1.64v - QPI/DRAM @ 1.35 - DRAM FREQ 1603.. Now im thinking the problem is the slight undervoltage with the ram as the BSOD only happens every now and then (and crash dumps do relate). As we all know about intels statement in regards to the Dram V being above 1.65v and the Asus m/b only having either 1.64v or 1.66v for choice. So my question is if i choose 1.66v what would be the best settings for my QPI/DRAM and is there any onther settings i need to know about if i were to run @ 1.66v.. Thanks for any feedback..

P.S If i change the Dram freq to 1203mhz keeping all the others settings as, the system will run stable with no hickups.. But i want to try and run the ram @ 1603mhz..

I didnt use the XMP settings as im overclocking i didnt think using was advisible.. Haven't tested the ram because i didnt think i had problems with the ram mods. More thought the problem was to doing with the slight under voltage.. Clearly you may be thinking other wise.. Your thoughts are more than welcome.?

XMP set 1.66v for this modules, if I run them @ 1.64v, I get BSOD too, but with 1.66v it is fine so maybe one of your module doesn't like 1.64v, you can try 1.66v same as XMP profile set.

It worked out that one off the dimms were damaged (errors). I took them back to retailer who kindly exchange the kit for another.. All is working fine now. Im now using 1.66v for dram and qpi/dram @ 1.35v.

Archived