Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX at 1333 on a 790FX?

Sakoda

I just switched from Intel Core 2 Quad to Phenom II as my nVidia chipset was giving me nothing but trouble. My new motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD4P, but I moved my old Corsair RAM (model in title) to the new configuration. Trouble is I don't know a whole lot about memory, particularly on AMD platforms.

This memory seems to be running fine at 1066mhz, 7-7-7-20 1T. The voltage is running automatic at ~1.6V or so. I want to be able to run this at 1333mhz with looser timings and get another set of the same sticks so that I end up with 8 gigs.

Problem is that my motherboard specs say the DIMMs are rated at 1.5V and shouldn't go higher. This confuses me because I haven't seen many sticks that run 1.5V, these run 1600mhz at 1.8V. CPU-Z doesn't give me good information as it doesn't give me a JEDEC at 1333mhz with a seemingly correct voltage.

Am I right in assuming the voltage scenario of 1.8V isn't actually going to harm my machine and that I should try pushing this to a standard 1333mhz?

Archived