Corsair Community

Compatability question

DracoCross

Hi, its black friday and i was looking into upgrading my ram.

I purchased a rig last november that came with 2 2gb sticks(# in specs) and was looking into adding 2 more (TWIN2X4096-6400C5C). Kind of a two part question but would this model run on my motherboard or is there a more appropriate set? Also, i heard running 2x4gb sticks is actually better than 4x2gb sticks, if thats the case or rather makes a significant difference, what should i look into to replace my current sticks with or is it even possible with my current mb? The search system on the homepage only listed the same stick i have now(x1 or x2) and another that has a heat spreader so im kind of at a loss at how restricted i am with my current system.

Im kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff so ive been looking to match as much specs as possible but any and all help is most appreciated!

so adding those 2 new ones to my old ones might not be a good idea... but if i just replace, im still at 4gb so i would have to purchase 2 kits :/ was hoping for a compatible 4gb stick at least but i guess ill have to wait a little while longer before making a purchase then. Thanks for the help, could have potentially wasted money!

Archived