Corsair Community

CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 question

Martin Palmieri

Well, after fiddling around with my budget for some weeks, I will definitely be building two boxes next week based on the ASUS P6T Deluxe.

One box will have a 6 gig part: TR3X6G1600C8D, my wife's.

The other box will have a 12 gig part: CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 - this is my personal PC :D: which I use for development and, well, yes, games.

I posted last month a thread about this . By that time, the 12 gig part was not listed in the configurator but now it is.

Now, my question is - again: Is there anything I should be aware of when populating the 6 memory slots for a total of 12 GBs on this board? I've read somewhere Intel chipsets can be picky when populating all memory slots.

I remember that with the ASUS P5B-E Plus - my current and aging board -, if you populated the 4 RAM slots you had to set the memory at DDR667 and eventually disable legacy USB in BIOS.

Edit: One last question. Is it OK to install the Dominators without the fan? I'd really like a quiet/silent system.

Many thanks, guys.

Martin

PS.- Corsair: If you had an Obsidian mid-tower, I'd buy it right now. I'm really impressed with that case. Kudos!

Archived