Corsair Community

i5 750 \ P7P55D RAM compatibility

sdbro

No, do not get the DHX version for a Core i5 rig. It does not meet the Core i* memory requirements. Please refer to this list for Core i5 memory and hit the RESOURCES tab if you need more detailed info.

CORE i5 MEMORY LIST

EDIT: TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB should work but, it has NOT been tested on this platform. The memory on the list has been tested on Core i7/i5.

• 3 months later...
Hi

I'm confused a bit here.

I just got a p7p55d motherboard and the TW3X4G1333C9DHX is on the QVL.

So they reckon it does work and you reckon it doesn't.

What's the situation please?

Cheers

Mark

Please see post @ 2 above and the link in that post.

Hi

I'd already looked at the link and the TW3X4G1333C9DHX isn't on it.

Are you saying it may work but you just haven't tested it whereas ASUS have tested it?

I have noticed in the ASUS QVL that it states the following :-

PART NUMBER | DIMM(BIOS) | Voltage

TW3X4G1333C9DHX | 9-9-9-24(1066-7-7-7-20) | 1.70

Does the above mean that to get it to work reliably I have to reduce the clock speed in the bios to 1066 from 1333, change it to 7-7-7-20 from 9-9-9-24 and up the voltage to 1.7 from 1.5?

Would really appreciate some insight here as I'm not all that familiar with RAM timings.

As you may have guessed, I already have the RAM chips too based on the ASUS QVL.

Cheers

Mark

It will work but, we cannot guarantee at what speed. That memory should NOT be on any approved list for any Core i* CPU. The memory needs 1.7v to run its rated speed and timings. Per the Intel warning on Core i* CPUs and their embedded memory controllers, users should select and use memory rated for 1.65v or less. Any higher than 1.65v on the memory risks damage to the memory controller.

Archived