Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8 G Config

BGrambo

As you can see in my specs, I've got the above RAM and the EVGA X58 SLI board. I used CPU-Z and found a handful of the config settings. I was wondering if there were any other settings that I may not have noticed. I got the latency as well as the command rate. It's set to XMP. Also, is tRC the same as tRFC? I'm not trying to overclock my system so I don't want any settings designed to overclock the system. I just now that the Mobo's default settings aren't always the best.

I tried to search my RAM here but couldn't find the combination of my RAM and my motherboard. I am very sorry if a post already exists with the info I need.

Those are 2 different settings. XMP sets all of the relevant settings for you. Shouldn't need to do anything else.

I was curious about that though because XMP seemed to set it based around the idea that the 920s were locked to 1066 and the timings that XMP set were completely different from what CPU-Z said.

FYI, if you are not wanting to overclock, you will need to set your memory frequency to be set by SPD or manually set to 1333. Running 1600 for the memory is in fact OCing the memory controller.

Ahhh. Thank you. I'll switch it to XMP and see what settings it sets again. Will setting the timings and command rate to above the default also OC it?

Anything that is faster or "tighter" than the JEDEC 1333 SPD profile is technically an overclock.

In my BIOS, my only options are Standard and XMP Profile 1. Where could I find the JEDEC 1333 SPD profile settings for my mobo/memory?

You don't pick it as it is set automatically and = standard. However, I suggest you clear the CMOS and reboot. Then, your memory will be set perfectly at JEDEC stock settings with no OCing.

My question then is why does my RAM that is capable of 1600 (or 1333) default to 1066? I figured it was because the BIOS was setting it to 1066 because the original firmware didn't support 1333 or 1600 on the 920 i7. Should I use 1066 then?

My question then is why does my RAM that is capable of 1600 (or 1333) default to 1066? I figured it was because the BIOS was setting it to 1066 because the original firmware didn't support 1333 or 1600 on the 920 i7. Should I use 1066 then?

The CPU and the motherboard boot the first time they ever boot, or after a CMOS clear at 1333 and at all stock settings, timings, voltages, etc. The memory must be able to run at these settings or the system would never boot. All OCing after that must be done manually.

Archived