Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D unmatched matched pair

wildeone

Hi,

I am running a matched pair of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D, and to cut a possibly short story even shorter, the second module has seemed t ohave dropped its EPP profile, and defaults to 800MHz at 5-5-5-18 timings, while the other module on its own will run at 1066MHz at 5-5-5-15 timings, this was bought a matched pair.

The second module definately says 8500 on the side so I can't understand why the memory is not coming up correctly.

The pair works running at 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 at 2.11v (or 2.09v, motherboard doesnt support exactly 2.10v and I can't remember which), and was just wondering if anyone had seen this issue before, and/or know of any ways to fix it without editing the spd timings manually, and most importantly, whether it will adversely effect the life or performance of the memory (more specifically the second module).

And the pair used to work perfectly fine, defaulted to 1066MHz, and 5-5-5-15 timings.

Cpuz Screenshots below:

http://imgkk.com/i/yqntB5.png

It won't affect the performance or lifetime of the memory in any way, shape, or form. You say it works fine, and then you say it used to work fine. Which is it?

Ultimately if it works fine @ 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v, you're all set to go. You can RMA it if you like because the SPD isn't correct, but that won't prevent it from running at rated specs.

Archived