Corsair Community

Power button gets stuck!

trond

Just got the Obsidian 800D case, and overall I'm very pleased with it.

But I have one problem, and it's a major one. The power button gets physically stuck almost every time I press it. It's supposed to pop back after it touches the microswitch behind it, but it doesn't. So it's not possible to press the button again. I have to press hard on the surrounding panel for the button to pop back out again.

The button is only a plastic cylinder inside a hole, and when I take the front panel off and move the button, it seems the button sticks to the edge of the hole. The fit isn't very tight though. The button is quite loose. I'm afraid to do anything to the button as it's only attached to two tiny plastic tabs that could easily break, so I can't think of any immediate solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Trond

This is one of those problems that seems minor but is very annoying nevertheless.

Maybe Corsair can send you a new switch, but in the meantime you can use the reset button as a power button. Just plug the two pin "RESET SW" connector into your "PWR SW" terminal on your mobo and you're all set. The reset button on the front panel should then power on your machine normally. These two buttons use the same type of switch.

You can actually still reset in this config by holding the reset button for 5 seconds until your machine shuts off, then pressing it once more to turn the machine back on. Also, your power button's LED should still light up (assuming the LED is connected and functional) when your PC is on being that the LED uses a separate connection.

This should get you by until you get this sorted out with Corsair. Good luck.

Maybe Corsair can send you a new switch, but in the meantime you can use the reset button as a power button. Just plug the two pin "RESET SW" connector into your "PWR SW" terminal on your mobo and you're all set. The reset button on the front panel should then power on your machine normally. These two buttons use the same type of switch.

Thanks. I actually didn't think of that. You're right, it works as a temporary fix. Not something I'd live with, though.

Archived