Corsair Community

Can't access rebate center

geronimo427

I just purchased the Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5D 4GB modules from Zipzoomfly. When I clicked on the corsairmemory.rebateaccess.com in the pdf to access a rebate application, instead of a web page opening, a file named corsairmemory.rebateaccess started downloading. Of course this is an illegal file format. I tried several more times with the same result. The rebate doesn't expire until 11/30/09. Is there another web address for the Corsair rebate center?

I use IE8. All filters are turned off. I even tried to access site with all protection turned off, with same result, ie., IE8's d/l manager is triggered to d/l a file with the same name as the site. I've used IE for 10+ yrs without problems. Like I said, unfortunately, I'll use the tele to order an application by snail mail.

• Corsair Employees
I have had some issues with my firewall software and IE8 personally, and I know from speaking to a friend at Microsoft the other day they are working on these and some other issues. But in all fairness I have seen issues with all of the Browsers on the market, so I do not think it is a Microsoft thing just they way things are these days.

Archived