Corsair Community

CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 - unable to hit 1600 with EVGA p55

Hypnos99

Hi,

I'm visiting from the EVGA forums attempting to get my memory to run in XMP profile at 1600 8-8-8-24. When I select XMP, my cpu temps. jump from 27C to 40C on idle. When I run prime 95 it fails within 60 seconds. I'm currently stable at 9-9-9-24 1333MHz 1.5V. I noticed that a few others with EVGA boards were having a problems with Corsair ram and at the suggestion of Corsair Mike/yellowbeard I'm posting my CPU-Z screen shots here.

Thank you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6150&d=1259016059

I cleared the CMOS. Changed the profile to XMP.

It's changing the following:

Dimm = 1.68

VTT (I hope this is the same as QPI) - 1.35

I also noticed that the CPU changed from 2800MHZ to 3040MHz (160x19)

Thanks!

Disclaimer* - If this is considered overclocking I'm likely doing something wrong and we can drop it. I'm only attempting 1600MHz because the RAM says it will do it and the MoBo says it will do it as well.

Disclaimer* - If this is considered overclocking I'm likely doing something wrong and we can drop it. I'm only attempting 1600MHz because the RAM says it will do it and the MoBo says it will do it as well.

You are only going to get 1600 by OCing your CPU. The 750 has a maximum memory multiplier of 10 which means you have to raise the BClock to 160 from the stock BClock of 133.

Is the system stable now?

Running XMP profile I can get to windows, while in the GIMP program attempting to prepare screenshots all the words and letters turned into squares then the system BSoD. I've changed everything back to default. 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v

Total run time with XMP enabled was approx - 3-4 minutes.

Yes. I have the most recent BIOS from EVGA. It's dated 10-26-09.

It's not a big deal that it doesn't work for me. I know for next time to research a little more before buying faster ram than I can use. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my questions. I'll definitely buy Corsair next time as well.

Got the same exact problem, its not the CUP i grantee its the new Gen ram for the P55 boards. ive contacted asus and intel everything falls back to the ram

Seeing as how he does not have an ASUS board, and his CPU is not rated to run RAM at 1600, your conclusion is incorrect. I guarantee that Intel will NOT tell you their Core i5 750 CPU is guaranteed to run DDR 1600 memory.

i have a i7 860, witha Asus and LOTS of people are having issues, and the only info we are getting is clr Cmos and set to XMP. that doesnt work trust me. you need to manually check everything and wont run past 1333

I have paid attention to your case. You have an RMA on the way. I am replying to you because your posting incorrect inforumation in threads other than yours that do not relate to you is not helpful to the customers that have different hardware.

As for "LOTS" of people, remember that you are in a support forum. For every person you see here, there thousands more operating just fine without issues. Please let us know how your RMA kit does. If you still have an issue after that, we'll readdress the issue for you.

Archived