Corsair Community

Corsair H50 temps

M3T4LM4N222

I was wondering why my tempatures are so bad with my corsair H50 Push/Pull config. I get 52C after 1 hour of 100% stress testing on my Core i7, undervolted to 0.960 volts, my Mugen 2 got about the same temps. I have remounted the H50 3 times, and none of the times have the temps changed. I also noticed when I first opened the Corsair H50, that the base was very weird and scratched up.

I was wondering why my tempatures are so bad with my corsair H50 Push/Pull config. I get 52C after 1 hour of 100% stress testing on my Core i7, undervolted to 0.960 volts, my Mugen 2 got about the same temps. I have remounted the H50 3 times, and none of the times have the temps changed. I also noticed when I first opened the Corsair H50, that the base was very weird and scratched up.

Please give your room temp, what thermalpaste? Default or 3rd party paste. Since you seen the base, it means you taken out the default paste.

Push & Pull

Corsair suggestion is "Air IN > FAN1 > Radiator" > Air OUT" How about on your end?

Mine is a push & pull too in the LianLi PC-7FW, using third party paste Gelid GC Extreme Thermal Paste.

My Push & Pull config...

Air OUT < FAN1 (pull) < Radiator < FAN2 (push) < Air IN

Room temp is 25c - 30c....idle is 42c-45c. Running Everest stress test hits highest @ 68c average of 65c.

After Stress Test it went down to 45c-47c.

You won't, as he can't get PMs. Too many people attempt to PM him instead of post here or go to TSX.

Lolz!!!....damn no wonder...anyway do I have to request here? or should I create a topic about requesting additional 4 screw bolts & washer together with AM3/LGA bracket so it will be one time shipping cost?

Thanks.

******** freeze, and my temps are getting even higher!

Check the air coming out if its hot, coz mine is hot. If yours does not it means that something is wrong.

Btw....taking out & resetting H50 is a pain in the *** not only its hard to twitch it but the mess of the thermal paste on the LGA Socket.

Out....I Never liked the idea of the hot air inside the casing. My only problem is I run out of bolts & washer so sometimes I hear some vibration on the casing :[pouts:. I've PM RAMGuy and I haven't got a replied yet.

The best setup is to have a push/pull fan sandwich on the radatior sucking in.

Blowing out means your using heated air to cool the radatior & this sys relys on the coolest of air to cool the radator.I switched my fans both ways to see which worked best & the best way is with all fans in the case including the Corsairs to suck in with 1 exception the top case fan, that one you want sucking the rising heat out.

This way everything gets fresh cool air coming in 24/7.

My temps OCed from 3.1 to 3.8GHZ havent changed one bit im idling @30c & under hard load 45c-50c depending on what im running.

My temps were higher blowing out so....................Im running stock Volts on the CPU also no undervolt settings. Usually hovers on 1.10v then 1.45 under hard loads.

This setup on the fans also cools the GPU & the M/B better also. My M/B stays @ 30c and my 260 GPU OCed running 59% fan stays @ 40c, 55c under hard loads so all fans sucking in is the key.

Large a case as possible dosent hurt either.

This setup on the fans also cools the GPU & the M/B better also. My M/B stays @ 30c and my 260 GPU OCed running 59% fan stays @ 40c, 55c under hard loads so all fans sucking in is the key.

Large a case as possible dosent hurt either.

I've tried that already but the problem is that its sucks in the hot air coming from the vent of my GPU. I never tried the current setup to an airconditioned room though...

Maybe it really depends on the casing e.g. HAF 932 (Large Casing) which has tons of fans. My LianLi PC7-FW have little rooms to move around I guess.

Idle http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/i7_everest2-1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/i7_everest2.jpg

Stressed http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/i7_everest-1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/i7_everest.jpg

Yep,

I can honestly tell you room temp is 1/2 the issue with a radatior setup. I try to keep the heat turned down to no higher then 70 in my computer room.

I wish the GPU exited out somewhere else too but tis not the case. My new case ius a mid tower & its setup where all the PS wiring hides keeping the M/B fully open to all cooling fans. Larger the case the better...........

My basement stays at 60f I wish I could draw up cool air from there to the back of my PC but id have to drill a hole in the floor.........wife would kill me!:eek:

They wont reply to your emails, if you read all the posts about people here emailing for help with this they never receive a reply. :confused:

you need to call them

Well...I've e-mailed them yesterday & I received some kind of auto generated e-mail...

We will respond as quickly as possible however, please allow up to 24hrs for handling. If you have waited longer than 24hrs for a reply, please contact our Customer Service at: 1-888-222-4346 or 1-510-657-8747 x0.

Well...that would be a problem for me...since I'm on the opposite side of the continent (Asia, Philippines). Calling long distance in the middle of the night...:sigh!:

They wont reply to your emails, if you read all the posts about people here emailing for help with this they never receive a reply. :confused:

you need to call them

If you have a complaint or recognize an issue, please bring it to the attention of someone at Corsair. However, do not discourage others from using the resources here.

My Mega got better temps then the H50 stock.

As you overclock you will see that the H50 will get you better load temps then your mulgen.

If you are just running stock save yourself the money and use the heatsink that came with your cpu.

If you plan to overclock then overclock run the tests again and then you will see the real results.

you need to call them

sorry you seem to be wrong, they have answered all of my e-mails in a very timely manor and other users that I know.

Corsair has one of the best supports that I have come across

Thanks for providing links to the larger images, if cpu fan is the h50 fan and fan 3 is the pump then those numbers look about right.

any chance you can take a photo of the inside of your case? so we can see how everything is arranged?

i looked at your case and it seems like you have 2 fans, a front on and a rear one and im guessing that the rear fan is sending heat out of the case using hot air from inside the case?

if im right then try turning the h50 fan around so it blows air into the case using the cold air from outside (but leave the side off the case so the hot air has somewhere to go)

if your temps seem more normal then its becasue of the air temp inside the case.

i looked at your case and it seems like you have 2 fans, a front on and a rear one and im guessing that the rear fan is sending heat out of the case using hot air from inside the case?

Yeap, thats the normal LianLi PC7-FW. If I turn around the setting/airflow of my H50 FAN's (as Corsair Recommendation), the hot air will get into my GPU, the GPU will take it out at the rear, then hot air will be suck up again by FAN of the H50 and going back again to my computer case in which its like a loop or hot air going in & out.:eek: The LianLi PC7-FW doesn't have any FAN holes other than the front & rear. Well...unless if I modded the casing.

Anyway, here are the pics.

Pre-building http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/IMGP2765.jpg

Running Condition (sorry its night time here). http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/backroger/IMGP2766.jpg

ok, well assuming that the case temp its the main reason for your temps, i would expect the best solution would be to get better fans that shift air very fast.

my case airflow is approximately 120CFM in, 120cfm out.

but if i had all that from one fan i would definitely want a fan controller to turn them down when i was not stressing the pc.

Archived