Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2B1600C7 missing stuff

GrandAdmiral

Hi there

I recently brought the 2x2GB memory kit for the improved timings over my previous C9 Dominator but there are a few things making me think I have a dodgy batch:

-The serial number on both sticks shows as 0 in AMD Overdrive and blank on CPUZ

-There is no 1600 profile in the SPD, the only options I have are 444MHz 6-6-6-16 @ 1.5V, 592MHz 8-8-8-22 @ 1.5V or 666MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5V.

-I was told this was the AMD BEMP compatible kit but AMD Overdrive does not allow me to access the BEMP online download

Am I right that theres a problem and what can I do about it?

Grand Admiral

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any way I can get BEMP working? I'm not really in to overclocking so if I could get that to do it for me it would be great. All my options are greyed out, is there no profile for my RAM or is it an issue of some kind? Also, what should my other settings be set to (like command rate etc) or is it just trial and error?

Grand Admiral

• Corsair Employees
The profile comes from the AMD software and only when it detects you have a Black Edition CPU, there is no extra information in the SPD. So as UNIXUSER suggested please make sure it shows the right part number in CPU-Z.

• Corsair Employees
NO it has to detect it is a BE CPU or it will not load the profile, I would suggest you check with AMD as I am sure they will have a CPUID Utility to check the CPU. If it does check out then I would talk to the MB maker.

• 2 months later...

use cpuz 1.53 it will have all the info ur looking 4

currently runnin these modules @ 1386 with incredible tight timings

6-6-6-15-21-1T @1.65v no issues @ all

as i overclolck in the bios i have no need 4 overdrive so i cant comment on that ~ sorry

u may need 2 update ur bios 4 these rams to work properly

cpuz validation - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1017193

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Having same issue, timings defined by SPD are not up to spec

running

Gigabyte GA890FXA ud7

and a Phenom 2 1090t Black edition CPU

BEMP just gives me the two fingers in AMD overdrive.

(most current version of Overdrive as of this post, and ATi cat's)

dangfoo_OD.thumb.png.ef5dba873936b3aac49e8038aed773ed.png

There is no way to get the XML file that I am aware of. Just set the voltage and 4 timings, the ones on the side of the memory module and you are good to go.

FYI, the SPD IS up to spec. The SPD has to conform to JEDEC spex so the system can boot the first time or from a CMOS cleared state.

Archived