Corsair Community

TR3X6G2000C7GT and EVGA 790i HELP

Chuck24

Hi all, i own 3 modules of TR3X6G2000C7GT Dominator GT 2000Mhz and was wondering if anyone absolutley knew if they would operate in an EVGA 790i Ultra motherboard. I dont need them to run 2000Mhz or even 1800Mhz, i just need to know if they will work period. I had these laying around :laughing: and thought id throw together a cheaper build just for sake of doing so. Any help is great and thank you in advance.

It can but it's a dual channel system, so it may only run 3 sticks in single channel.

Ive been reading that the EVGA 790i Ultra isnt compatible with triple channel memory which i beleive what i described above is. Are you positive this will work on this board? I dont doubt you im just having conflicting answers. Thanks again. :sigh!:

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple channel.

In otherwords, the only difference between a 3 stick kit and a 2 stick kit is the number of sticks and the platform in which they were tested.

Like I said, run 2 sticks. If you want to try 3 sticks, that's up to you. It'll do it, but your performance will likely drop.

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple channel.

In otherwords, the only difference between a 3 stick kit and a 2 stick kit is the number of sticks and the platform in which they were tested.

Like I said, run 2 sticks. If you want to try 3 sticks, that's up to you. It'll do it, but your performance will likely drop.

Ok great news then, Thank you a ton for your efforts. Ill need the fourth stick i guess if i want it to stay dual channel correct? Thanks again, i wont bug you anymore for now. :p:

Archived