Corsair Community

Activity light on 16Gb Flash Voyager GT always on

imortime

• 4 weeks later...
I have the exact same problem with mine. I tried to use the SD Format Utility that was linked in another message here and it would just lock up and say "not responding" when you tried to press the format button. It did indicate that it was seeing a 15 Mb drive before locking up. Any ideas? Thanks you...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but i have exactly the same problem... the only difference is that my Voyager is 8GB not 16GB... OS is windows7 ulitmate x64 but I doesn't matter imho... the drive works perfectly well on other systems with windows 7. and it even worked well on the same machine when it ran windows xp. it only started happening after i upgraded to W7 and only on my machine...

it must be some driver issue... any ideas how to resolve it. and btw, i do get to access my drive from time to time, i just have to plug it and unplug it several times...

• Corsair Employees

If its a newer MB or chipset there may be an updated driver that needs to be updated.

I have had serious problems with my Corsair Voyager GT (16Gb) under Windows 7 (64-bit). It was on/off/on/pff repeated untill i plugged it out.

I wondered why and found that the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver included in Windows 7 was from 2004.

I found an update to the driver on ASUS homepage - installed it and after that I've had no problems.

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe v.2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hope this helps...:sunglasse

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but the fact the drive works in another system would suggest it may be a driver problem with this system. I would check with the MB maker to see if they have any reported problems with the USB on that MB.

I am sorry but the fact the drive works in another system would suggest it may be a driver problem with this system. I would check with the MB maker to see if they have any reported problems with the USB on that MB.

yes I know, I just thought someone here might have had the same problem and figured it out by now... Guess I'll have to look once again for the latest drivers but I am quite sure all of them are up-to-date...

thanks anyway...

just a little update on the situation... i've again tried to reinstall all the drivers that are even remotely related to USB and the same thing happens... the light just flickers and i can't access the drive, i have to unplug it a few times before it works...

but here's the most peculiar thing: the drive works perfectly well on other w7 machines... so now i borrow exactly the same drive from my girlfriend (voyager 8 GB) to try it on my machine... it works perfectly... i'm really confused about this...

• Corsair Employees

I would still in this case feel its not the flash drive causing the issue but if you like you can apply for a RMA:

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived