Corsair Community

Radiator cooling

heliman41

I have a H50 in my sys. & its working great. I am very curious about one thing tho, as an auto radiator has one inlet at the top & one outlet at the bottom to allow flow from top to bottom how does the H50 work flow wise with both inlet & outlet at the same end?:confused:

I was just curious about the circulation directions thru the cooling fins. Like maybe 1/2 the fluid flows in and twards the other end then it run back down to the other line so that it travels the full radiator span top to bottom for efficency. Id be interested in seeing a drawing showing with arrows etc..showing this flow if its not a secret or something. If it simply flowed by force then it would mainly just flow from one tube to the next not really circulating like a normal radiator does thats why im curious. Ive never seen this setup before. A car does to some degree use gravity but it also must use a powerful pump also. Does the first line force thru just one side then spread out & feed back thru all the other lines? Just curious, it is working well for me. I know the ambient temps also have a great deal to do with its operating temp control.

• 4 weeks later...
He did make a valid point on natural water flow and heat as an inlet on top of the radiator allows the water to rain down upon more surface area towards the discharge of the radiator on the bottom allowing steam or heat to rise as cooler water collects to be re-phased after entering an expansion area of the radiator. Its not logical for one to visual see how its done as he looks at the radiator and try to use his imagination against cross current patterns of logic and while tring to applying simple physics.

Biff have you borrowed Martie's ride and time traveled into previous forum posts and re-post a reply that has zero relevance to his question?

From reading "all" the posts here I summed up the question with a simple picture of heliman41 posted Questions.

Does the coolant follow (the blue line) thru "all" the tubes, or is the coolant dumped into the radiator (the red line).:confused: If its the red line is there some sort of barrier to slow or prevent pump from immediately recirculating hot coolant recently deposited into radiator.

radrflow.thumb.jpg.d9dc9823849d860a1d43d66171caa9c8.jpg

Biff have you borrowed Martie's ride and time traveled into previous forum posts and re-post a reply that has zero relevance to his question?

From reading "all" the posts here I summed up the question with a simple picture of heliman41 posted Questions.

Does the coolant follow (the blue line) thru "all" the tubes, or is the coolant dumped into the radiator (the red line).:confused: If its the red line is there some sort of barrier to slow or prevent pump from immediately recirculating hot coolant recently deposited into radiator.

Since I know that no one who actually really knows exactly the internal flow setup is going to give up this info, when my H50 someday dies I fully plan to carefully dissect the radiator to see IF it does or does not have a diversion plate inside the middle since both inlets are at the same end. Other then this way its a secret I guess till then as no one with inside knowlege is willing to come forward & show a pic of the inside of the radiator & its flow pattern. If its a sealed topped off sys then some liquid could just sit & swirl as the rest is flowing since it would be like a river running over a deep lake. Just as the Ocean has currents that are different temps flow like rivers on Earth there is no reason why that same effect cannot happen in a setup like a one sided radiator. One has to wonder what the total cooling effeciency is verses a setup that forces the coolant from one end to the other maxamizing the fans airflow against it.

I think its a valid question just for curiousitys sake whether it ever gets answered before a dissection............................ only time will tell.

I really dont give a crap how it flows as long as it works and it does.The only thing im wondering about since I have worked on cars most of my life,and this thing is pretty much a car radiator,dont they ever get clogged up like real radiators and heater cores?If I let my computer sit a month or so this fluid cant gum up?Or even better,they wont gum up sitting in the store for who knows how long?

I really dont give a crap how it flows as long as it works and it does.The only thing im wondering about since I have worked on cars most of my life,and this thing is pretty much a car radiator,dont they ever get clogged up like real radiators and heater cores?If I let my computer sit a month or so this fluid cant gum up?Or even better,they wont gum up sitting in the store for who knows how long?

The Warranty is 2 years. Should be ok for that long.

Archived