Corsair Community

Someone with X128 and a 170MB/s write???

Extremer

I have CMFSSD-128D1 serial Nr: ********************

2 months I am tried to get something better than 135MB/s write but it is not posible.

Reading is not bat, always between 230MB and 250MB.

X128 I bought just because a review of page www.guru3d.com was outstanding, almost 200MB/s write.

Mine looks like a model X64 with 135MB/s write.

I tested in 2 different systems, a laptop with 965 chipset and a 4-core desktop with a P45 chipset and a powerful configuration.

I tried all possible programs for benchmark and all possible configurations for the disk.

No way to get better value from 130MB/s in writing!

This benchmark is last one after full erase of SSD!

--------------------------------------------------

CrystalDiskMark 2.2 © 2007-2008

Sequential Read : 231.109 MB/s

Sequential Write : 101.508 MB/s

Random Read 512KB : 172.440 MB/s

Random Write 512KB : 72.423 MB/s

Random Read 4KB : 20.098 MB/s

Random Write 4KB : 6.717 MB/s

Test Size : 100 MB Date : 2009/11/22

---------------------------------------------------

I bought this as a new SSD at ebay USA end of September

Someone got the best result X128, please can respond?

now one last question!

I will wait for a firmware update, maybe that fixes this problem?

or just completely forget corsair SSD and buy one from another brand?

Thanks

I was never able to get anything better than 100 mb/s (seq. write) on my x64 and that's with the drive freshly secure erased. It went down to something like 28 mb/s at its worst moment. Whenever I benchmarked it was the primary drive (with OS on it).

100 mb/s would not be bad for a regular hard drive but I am getting up to 120 mb/s write on my Velociraptor and up to 260 mb/s on my SAS drives in raid 0.

Of course, the x64 beats both drives in random write speeds.

FYI if you bought it from an end user it has no warranty.

Is this a secondary drive or is your OS on it?

Have you tried the steps in the sticky: How to Restore Corsair SSD performance WITHOUT using HDDErase?

As I said, I've tried everything that is written in this forum and something else.

I tested with windows installed end as the second drive, everything...

One thing I do not understand?

In this forum someone who bought on ebay as used drive corsair has ofrese warranty, my SSD was brand new and as may be seen in serial number is manufactured in 33 week 2009.

Why you said that the warranty does not cover???

This is not serious :bigeyes: it seems that I just have to forget corsair products?

Sure I will not cry because I paid a lot of money, just buy me one from other company :D:

But if a serious company would do this with other people every day loses more customers, and mooore, and mooore... ;):

have a nice day

http://www.corsair.com/warranty/default.aspx

It's clearly stated that "Corsair product(s) that were not purchased directly through Corsair or a Corsair-authorized reseller" have no warranty.

There's a difference between buying on eBay and buying from an end user. There are authorized resellers (e.g. Buy.com) who sell new products on eBay. This is why I said END USER and not EBAY.

I'd imagine one reason why the afformentioned rule is in the warranty because if an item is bought from a Corsair-authorized reseller it can be tracked back to Corsair as a valid item whereas there's no guaranteed way to track items bought through an end user and as such opens up the chain of ownership to fraud (e.g. fradulent parts).

what if I buy it from end user who got the corsair from Newegg, Buy.com, and he provides a sale of recepit?

What happen if someone buy the Corsair SSD as a gift?

I just don't understand.

Maybe different company has different policy. For example, Canon DSLR camera.

My friend got a 5DMKII sets for me as a birthday gift with the original sale of receipt from Canon Authorized dealer, and the camera still has one year warranty even my name is not on the sale of receipt.

I was never able to get anything better than 100 mb/s (seq. write) on my x64 and that's with the drive freshly secure erased. It went down to something like 28 mb/s at its worst moment. Whenever I benchmarked it was the primary drive (with OS on it).

100 mb/s would not be bad for a regular hard drive but I am getting up to 120 mb/s write on my Velociraptor and up to 260 mb/s on my SAS drives in raid 0.

Of course, the x64 beats both drives in random write speeds.

That's because the 32GB and 64GB version of Indilinx Based SSDs has lowered reading & writing speeds than superior capacity ones.

220MB/s (max) & 135MB/s (max), with sustained 100MB/s writing speed, are the real specifications of 64Gb ones (all of them are same, all the other brands with same capacities & controller).

Only 128Gb and 250Gb, has the 240MB/s read and 170MB/s write.

what if I buy it from end user who got the corsair from Newegg, Buy.com, and he provides a sale of recepit?

What happen if someone buy the Corsair SSD as a gift?

I just don't understand.

Maybe different company has different policy. For example, Canon DSLR camera.

My friend got a 5DMKII sets for me as a birthday gift with the original sale of receipt from Canon Authorized dealer, and the camera still has one year warranty even my name is not on the sale of receipt.

The original buyer, the one with the name in the receipt have to process the warranty.

Archived