Corsair Community

P128 Win7 Issues

kevorama

I just ordered all new parts for my new system. Planned on using the SSD for the OS and some other memory hogs and the HDD's for dual boot XP and mass storage.

Everything posted fine. BIOS could see the SSD just fine, but the Win7 install would hang, stop, freeze and stay that way until reboot.

Installed XP Pro on HDD so that I could diagnose the P128.

Here's the weird part: The SSD shows up in System Device Manager as working fine, but it doesn not show up in My Computer.

I used an external 2.5 and 3.5 drive enclosure to see if there was anything to erase from it and I got similar results. When I turned the reader on my screen said 'new hardware found' and gave the correct description. Yet, it shows up nowhere at all where I can access it.

The past few days have been very disappointing. I have been looking forward to the performance that these little buggers are supposed to produce. Is my only hope to return this or is there a simple fix that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

why don't you initialize and format the drive through the management console in XP (start,rt click on "My Computer",click on "Manage",then on "Disk Management".When the console opens,you should see the wizard (or click on the drive to prompt the wizard).Once you initialize and format the drive,it should be visible in "My Computer".

Hey,

why don't you initialize and format the drive through the management console in XP (start,rt click on "My Computer",click on "Manage",then on "Disk Management".When the console opens,you should see the wizard (or click on the drive to prompt the wizard).Once you initialize and format the drive,it should be visible in "My Computer".

Thanks for the help, already tried that. The 'format and convert' is grayed out and not an option. It shows in Disc Management as un-allocated space.

Appreciate the help Dusan, somehow after two days of meddling, I just got it working. Had it packed and ready to ship once I got my label... just couldn't let it go, LOL. It was really slow to install. I mean SLOW. A few times during install it would block my wireless kb and mouse so that I couldn't accept or agree. Not sure what was causing that as I set pnp both ways in BIOS at different times. I pulled both HDD's out of the mix to help eliminate any more issues, but then again, that's the way I originally tried to fire up the SSD.

If you don't see me back for a while assume it's fine. Thanks again!

Archived