Corsair Community

Windows 7 only seeing 4gb out of 6gb

EricCartman

Hi suddenly this just happened I looked at the task manager and I noticed it wasent showing all 6gb's I updated the bios and It showed six Gb's but after overclocking the i7-920 to 3.6 and It only shows 4gbs now.

Please look at my specs for more info thank you

Please help me.

Thank you ahead!

Hi. Yeah, I had this same issue when I first installed Windows 7 64-bit as well. I did some 'googling' and found different opinions on this matter. I'm not sure really what I did to fix this, or it just went away on it's own? I never screwed with any voltage or speed/timing settings either. The first week of having Win7 it only showed like 3096 out of 4 gigs only in Task Manager though. Every other app like CPUID, System Info applet, and just the Windows system properties showed the right ammount. And then all of the sudden it shows the whole 4096, or whatever, GB's of space. There might have been some registry issue, or maybe a conflicting application. Not sure, but I upgraded to 8 GB's, and every program still states the correct space. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If CPUID, Everest, or HWInfo32 show the correct settings, I think your good. That's my insight on this 'issue'. :sigh!:

Archived