Corsair Community

Can corsair h50 leak easily?

novaknab

Hey guys i have bought the h50 sometime ago and installed it a few hours ago. IT seems to run great and the temps are pretty low. However, it is my first experience with watercooling and i would just like to know if i should be worried about the H50 leaking? What is the chance of a leak?

P.S. my tubes are bent quite a lot, is that fine or should i adjust them?

I was about to ask this, someone on a uk forum told me his (was it?) astek (predecessor to this model) leaked cause the pipes perished under the pressure.

thanks for the reassurance ramguy.

Are you talking about external pressure on the tubing or internal pressure from the pump? :confused:

here is the quote:

Word of warning:

I'd move it again if I were you. I used to own a H50 (albeit sold under a different name and manufacturer - the H50 is just a very successful rebrand) about a year or so ago.

After moving to full water I placed the cooler in a box, I recently got it out again only to find that the plastic tubes had perished where they'd been tightly bent - less tightly than it looks like yours is in your pic - and the fluid had leaked.

Edit: Mine was also fitted in my cm-690, with my setup I found that the best place for it was fitted as an exhaust on the roof (the fan moutning point nearer the front of the case over the memory). Though obviously results will depend on your fan setup and PC location etc.

Two year warranty or not that wont cover anything the cooler leaks on and ruins.

I have seen you on this forum yelowbeard.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to open up my system today to see what could be causing the system to stop responding. I found the two 5850's had a greenish gel buildup. Then after taking parts out and starting the system again, I saw a drop of liquid come from the H50 tubing. So, in my case, yes the tubing has definitely failed. The liquid that has dropped onto the 5850's had started to corrode some of the circuitry. I've cleaned that up, so hopefully the corrosion will not progress.

Bad luck for me I guess.

Archived