Corsair Community

I'm adding 4 more Gigs...

js042507

I currently have two 2gb sticks of DDR3 DHX running @ roughly 1580Mhz in an overclocked situation. My system is very stable, and all I did to the ram was put the recommended timings & voltage in the BIOS. I just purchased two more sticks, and was wondering if I have to increase the Volts to ram, the NB, etc...? Or can I manage to just pop them in?

trial by fire im afraid, there is no support for doing that nor is it suggested here. it may not work at all unless you lower the frequency to 1066 or 800 so there goes your overclocking.

if you buy a single +multi+ gig kit that has been tested together at the factory then yes.

obviously you can try it, hell i would! but dont be upset if you have to run them at much lower than advertised speeds.

good luck!!!!

Alrighty. I do expect that I will have to decrease the speed of my ram. But hopefully, I can keep my CPU un-linked and remain to be stable? Well, the sticks will be here soon. I'll post a review with what happens, and see if I can get this beast going!

• 2 weeks later...
:biggrin: Oh yeah baby!! I just installed another set of sticks to make 8 gigs now, and I didn't have to change any setting at all. My computer started right up, I went into the BIOS to see what my dimm voltage was set at. It was @ 1.90V. So, I figured I could bump it down a notch to 1.85V. Now it's running better than ever. But I still have to run Memtest. I'll post my results when I do. Thanks for the quick responses.

Archived