Corsair Community

Lets See Your Temps!

Mlewis38

I have an Intel i7 920 system with a Silverstone TJ09 case, Gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo with Win 7 32-bit installed. The CPU is overclocked to 3.2 GHz and the system runs at 43 deg C under 30 - 40 % load thats about 8 degrees cooler than the absolutely massive Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 air cooler that had 2 120 mm fans on either side of the central cooling tower that I was using beforehand. So well pleased with it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the H50 I was really happy with temps. Here is my temp with the room set at 73 F. Of course this is all idle. I have not over clocked. This is at idle. I want to try with the Corsair case.

Corsair H50 + AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 @ 3.2 stock settings

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1431/corsairh50tempsidlestoc.png

it's currently 25C in my house, and the cooler keeps my overclocked phenom II X4 955 at 3.6GHz, with no voltage change, at a toasty 43C.

when running prime or cinebench (cinebench makes CPU hotter), temps can easily get into the mid 50's, normally hitting a temp wall of about 59, which is extremely high considering a AMD processor normally Tjunc's at 62.

14c!!

Might be worth trying the latest version of Real Temp http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/Real_Temp/ followed by contacting the Guinness Book of Records for managing to break the the laws of physics.

So the room temp was 18 degrees Celsius and some how your CPU was cooled with the H50 4c below ambient?! This makes no sense. I would try another app to check the CPU temp. Search for "Core Temp" on google and give that a try.

What does the bios show?

He's posting a temp with his CPU running at 1.6GHz idle what's the point of that?

Plus I don't believe your temp is lower than ambient.

Why bother posting idle temps with stock speed and speed stepping enabled?!?! Why even bother buying an after market cooler if you're going to run your PC like this?

Archived