Corsair Community

TX750 Blew up

loganpass47

I just built a new computer, specs down below, and recently purchased a TX750 psu, after having a generic chiefmax 680W psu. The reason for the new purchase was after playing games such as COD MW2 my computer would continuously just shut off, i would have to restart it manually and everything would work fine till i played the game again. So after some reading I figured its was a bad psu. Now i have the TX750 and was playing OFDR and this time the computer shut off and I saw a spark come out the back. The computer will not turn on now the power supply is dead. Is there any possible way that my system is too much for these power supplies, or is it just that i had a cheap piece of crap, then a faulty Corsair psu?

• Corsair Employees
Have you tried the PSU test at the top of this forum?

Here is a link:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=63991

If the PSU comes on and stays on I would test it in a different system to see if you can duplicate the same problems. If the PSU fails to turn on and stay on, then we will want to replace it for you. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived