Corsair Community

Brand New CMC2GX1M2A400C3 Kit X 2

dd717

Hello, I finally have all the parts to complete my Modern Dream System Circa 2005.

I have matching Version numbers on 2 sets of CMC2GX1M2A400C3 Kits and would like to know the correct BIOS settings for my Asus P4P800 Motherboard?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
I would suggest cas 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR333 and set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts.

With 4 DIMMs of cmc2gx1m2a400c3, what is the best timings with an Asus P4GD1 with a Northwood 3.2 GHz socket 478? I sense I may not be properly configured.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4GD1/

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4gd1/e1675_p4gd1.pdf

Page # 77 & 81, to save you the time. ;):

Current clock is 3.606Mhz, 225.4Mhz Bus, 901.6Mhz FSB

Ram is running at 180.3Mhz, 5:4, 2.5-3-3-6 2T.

Thanks in advance for your response to an old post.

For your kit, we support it at 3-3-3-8 at 2.5V. It looks like you've tightened the timings so if you're stable at those settings, I wouldn't advise changing anything.

The info on my motherboard is so rare on the overclocking side, that I was under the impression I was doing something wrong. Do you happen to know what were the highest recorded stable settings for this RAM?

Thanks,

///A

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry we can only support what is on the label DDR400 at Cas 3-3-3-8 but with 4 modules or mixing two sets DDR333 would be suggested and I would set as suggested previously.

Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post

I would suggest cas 2.5-3-3-7 at DDR333 and set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts.

I am sorry we can only support what is on the label DDR400 at Cas 3-3-3-8 but with 4 modules or mixing two sets DDR333 would be suggested and I would set as suggested previously.

Is the overall understanding that a drop in ram speed and timing, coupled with an increase in processing overclock (in my case 12.5%) is better than a higher speed and timing on the ram versus a light cpu overclock (~5%)?

the drop in ram speed is suggested because you are filling 4 slots and combining 2 separate kits which is not supported at listed speed.

you may find you can overclock better with the ram at 333 anyway, more possible headroom. no guarantees though as you are combining 2 kits anyway.

the drop in ram speed is suggested because you are filling 4 slots and combining 2 separate kits which is not supported at listed speed.

you may find you can overclock better with the ram at 333 anyway, more possible headroom. no guarantees though as you are combining 2 kits anyway.

I have 4 DIMMs of cmc2gx1m2a400c3. I don't understand this combination of dimms you are referring to. Perhaps the moderater misunderstood?

" 2 sets of CMC2GX1M2A400C3 Kits" you said correct?

only ONE set is guaranteed compatible not two.

see everything below including the 2 links.

just because the model and version numbers are the same it DOES NOT MATTER. the 4 sticks / two SEPARATE kits were not matched and tested together at the factory and certified to run as a 4 stick kit.

common error, also im not shouting, just emphasizing its a mistake to mix/combine ram that came in more than 1 package from the store or factory.

thats why it is suggested to try running at a slower speed to have a better chance (still no guarantee) of running the 2 sets together on the same board.

Archived