Corsair Community

Asus Maximus Extreme with CM3X1024-1800C7D bios settings

E-ric

I currently have 2GB of this memory installed and i was in the process of learning up on overclocking my processor and memory. Right now my timings on this are 7-7-7-20, and DRAM Freq set to DDR3-1600MHz with a Command rate of 1T. I have not changed my Row refresh cycle time Through write to write delay as i have no idea on where to set these. Has anyone been able to get the timings lower on this memory with this setup? Should i worry about changing the cycle time through write to write delay or just leave it on auto?

My Dram voltage is 1.8 volts, should it be set to 2 volts? AI clock twister is set to strong with lvl 3.

Right now im at 3.6GHz and i want to "try" to get the most (fine tuned) outta this memory.

Is each stick supposed to read 800MHZ for freq to total 1600 MHZ?

thanks for any help.

• Corsair Employees
That is a great O.C with that CPU and the memory frequency will show as 800 MHz in some programs because they show the actual memory frequency 800 MHz but because it is double data rate DDR1600 would be the rated speed.

• 6 months later...
Hi, I have a Maximus Extreme with a Qx9650 and for the last 3yrs its has been running fine with a pair of cm3x1024-1800C7d but today I got another pair of the same ram installed it and it runs fine for upto an hour or so and locks up. I have all the bios settings in auto as I have no clue on how to O.C. on the post screen at start up it says the ram is running at 1333mhz if that helps. Just wondering if theres any reason that it wont run with 4gig but will with 2gig ?

Archived