Corsair Community

TWINX24096-8500C5DF version issue

Zacrobmer

I RMA'd a set of TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF due to memory errors. Corsair replaced them with no issue. However, the set I sent them was V1.2 and I received V2.1 back.

I know have a set of both versions and am having BSOD's and random reboots after installing both.

I attempted to run the normal fixes, 5-5-5-15/800MHZ and 2.1V, however it does not make a difference.

If I run either set individually I get no issues what so ever, and I did not have any issues for teh 4 weeks or so while I waited for my RMA. But when I combine them it starts again.

Is mixing versions a known issue? Is there something else I could try before attempting to RMA again?

I am running a current bios.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Gotcha. Will try it tonight. I have yet to test ram through Memtest, however, once I removed the second set of RAM the BSOD/crashes have stopped.

Version 4.0 (.iso) pulled 257 errors with 1 pass. Most seem to occur during test# 1 and 2.

Settings were the recommended 667mhz 5-5-5-5-15, vRam @ 2.1, NBv @ 1.41 (+.2) same issues.

Roughly the same errors at 800Mhz and 1066 also.

Edit: this is with both sets (8GB) installed. I will try each individually tonight.

• 1 month later...
Did you disable Legacy USB Support in the BIOS?

Lol, sorry for the delay. Holidays and all.

Yes this is with the USB legacy off. Auto also shows the same issue.

Individual modules seem to pass ok.

In their matched pairs I get no errors. However as soon as I add all 8 Gb to the board, regardless of the Vram or NB voltage, I start to get errors

I borrowed 8 Gb of OCZ "Platinum" PC2-1066 from a friend and it worked for 24 hours of Prime 95 and 24 hours of Memtest with no errors.

It does not appear to be a system issue.

As it stands I have RMA'd both sets of Dominator modules at least once. The last time I received a different version, could this difference cause the issue?

Archived