Corsair Community

Asus P7P55 LX Motherboard & Corsair Memory Compatability

Drex

Hi to everyone.......

I have just built myself a brand new system.......but i think i am having

some trouble with the memory,as my pc is not very stable as it keeps freezing \ resetting itself.

Of course,it may not be the memory,but i would like to rule this out.

Specs of Motherboard : Asus P7P55 LX - i5 \ Socket 1156

Specs of memory : Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 \ 4GB - 2 X 2GB DDR3

I did use Corsair's memory finder for the ASUS P7P55D as it didn't have my P7P55 LX listed.

And it says that this memory is compatible........

Please could someone confirm this for me,and if it is compatible,could some one tell me the best stable settings in bios to use for this memory ?

The setting in bios are all set to AUTO at the moment.

Thanks in advance.....

Hmmm.......well i originally had both sticks of memory in the blue slots which are Bank A & Bank B.

Now i have put them both in Bank A which is one blue slot and one black slot,and this system appears to be much more stable.......

Is this correct ?

Hmmm.......well i originally had both sticks of memory in the blue slots which are Bank A & Bank B.

Now i have put them both in Bank A which is one blue slot and one black slot,and this system appears to be much more stable.......

Is this correct ?

No, now you have both in the same bank (slower).

I have the same mobo + ram, with an i5-750 CPU. Everything runs fine. First on auto, running memtest for two days, no errors.

Now I switched to BCLK=160 multiplier=20 (-> DDR3-1600, cpu at 3.2GHz), seems stable too. Running for an hour now doing kernel compiles and memory tests. No problems yet.

I think there might be something wrong with your hardware. What if you put them both in bank B? If it's stable with both in bank A but not with both in bank B there's probably something wrong with mobo or cpu.

Try manually adjusting the voltage to 1.6v and the timings loose to say 9-9-9-27. See if it's stable at default speeds of 1333Mhz. If so then you know the memory is at least working. From there you can try DDR3-1600 speeds at 9-9-9-27.

One step at a time starting with the slowest speed, manually setting the timings and memory voltage. That way you know that AUTO isn't trying to set something like 8-8-8-24 at 1.5v which your particular memory might not do.

Also set your CPU vcore voltage to something manually. I'd try 1.3v only to make sure your CPU is not causing the instability via low voltage. Also try updating to the latest BIOS for your motherboard to be sure any updates for memory are installed.

No, now you have both in the same bank (slower).

I have the same mobo + ram, with an i5-750 CPU. Everything runs fine. First on auto, running memtest for two days, no errors.

Now I switched to BCLK=160 multiplier=20 (-> DDR3-1600, cpu at 3.2GHz), seems stable too. Running for an hour now doing kernel compiles and memory tests. No problems yet.

I think there might be something wrong with your hardware. What if you put them both in bank B? If it's stable with both in bank A but not with both in bank B there's probably something wrong with mobo or cpu.

I have just tried them both in Bank B (1 x blue slot & 1 x black slot )

No problems whatsoever........just like Bank A

When i try the both in the black slots ( Bank A & Bank B ) the computer doesnt boot at all,and the onboard "Mem OK" led stays red.

When i try the both in the blue slots ( Bank A & Bank B ) the computer is very unstable with freezes & resets.

So the most stable solution is either to have both the sticks in either Bank A or Bank B.

Do you think the motherboard is faulty ?

I have just tried them both in Bank B (1 x blue slot & 1 x black slot )

No problems whatsoever........just like Bank A

When i try the both in the black slots ( Bank A & Bank B ) the computer doesnt boot at all,and the onboard "Mem OK" led stays red.

When i try the both in the blue slots ( Bank A & Bank B ) the computer is very unstable with freezes & resets.

So the most stable solution is either to have both the sticks in either Bank A or Bank B.

Do you think the motherboard is faulty ?

Have you tried booting with 1 stick, enter BIOS adjust voltage and timings manually and adjust CPU voltage. Save and exit then shut down, plug in the 2nd stick?

Archived