Corsair Community

H50.......thinking out loud. Your thoughts

antonio8

I know that the H50 says to have distilled water with an additive to help "prevent" algae growth.

But why did they not fill it with a coolant like antifreeze? Was it to keep cost down? Is it possible? Will it hurt the system by doing it? Or will the results be worse?

I am new to water cooling so I got this to kick start my experience to possible go more in depth in the future with water cooling.

Don't get me wrong. This has been great so far. My idle temps have went from around 48°C to around 26°C. Load temps dropped from about 63°C to around 44°C.

It has been awesome but I am always trying to squeeze more.

Your thoughts......

That is what I want to know. Can I use something else besides distilled water?

the tubes are doublewalled. one tube inside another. if you tried to crack it open im sure you would just end up breaking it. the biggest problem with the cooler isnt the coolant, but rather the size of the rad. its just too small to do very well on some overclocked systems. to me they should have a double rad that would fit in either the 800d or the antec 1200 on the rear exhaust ports. that means the rad takes up no more space than exactly 2 120mm fans to ensure compatibility.

the tubes are doublewalled. one tube inside another. if you tried to crack it open im sure you would just end up breaking it. the biggest problem with the cooler isnt the coolant, but rather the size of the rad. its just too small to do very well on some overclocked systems. to me they should have a double rad that would fit in either the 800d or the ******** 1200 on the rear exhaust ports. that means the rad takes up no more space than exactly 2 120mm fans to ensure compatibility.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about opening it at the base by the pump. I seen a video of it about what the pump and base looked like.

But if the water is sufficient then I will leave well enough alone.

I was just trying to squeeze a few extra degrees from it

Archived