Corsair Community

650TX PSU with PowerGood value over 990 ms

Laurent

Hi everyones,

I've just bought a 650TX as a replacement to a noname 450w PSU (I've got an new graphic card). My motherboard is a DFI NF4 Ultra-D, an the processor an opteron 170. Every settings in the bios are on the value "auto" (no overclock).

The 650TX PSU is unable to boot my motherboard, i've tried with other PSU with success (Antec eathwatt500, OCZ Gamextream 700). With a Power Supply Tester, everything is OK, exept the PG (powergood) value : 990ms. :eek:

I know that the PG value must be between 100ms and 900ms, and typically between 200ms and 350ms.

The surprise is that this PSU is able to boot two other moterboard (gigabyte NF3, MSI AM2) :confused:

990ms is an usual value on corsair PSU's ?

PS : I'm french, my english speaking is not well, so feel free to correct me, this will help me to improve my language.

• Corsair Employees

The TX650 is designed to meet ATX specs, how are you measuring the PG signal? If it looks like the PSU is out of spec and is causing the problems you are having then lets get it replaced. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

The strange thing is that you say the PSU is working with other motherboards. I would suspect that if the PSU were actually out of spec, then you would get the same results with any motherboard you plug the PSU into.

Archived